I have a chance to buy... for $100.00

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinchi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

Im working with a standard 55 gal, and would like to know if

48", T5, 2x54w, 65k bulbs, new condition will be good for low light plants (anubias and crypts) I dont plan on CO2 but will be dosing.

I could get this light for $100.00, guy wont tell me what brand it is for some reason and wont get me a pic.

What do you think? will just about any brand do? will I have to change 1 of the bulbs to 10000k?

Thanks,

J

It really depends on the light. If it's some cheap piece of junk like an Odyssea, it's not worth it IMO. If it's a decent fixture, that's probably a good price. The fact that they wont send pics or tell you what brand is kind of sketchy though.

And no, you don't have to put a 10,000k bulb in it. Plants use light in the 6500k-10,000k spectrum. 6500k is fine. A 10,000k bulb would give you a little more blue, but it wouldn't be necessary.

I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, went over and looked at the light.

No name, no fans mounting brackets. Told him I had to pass

Thanks

fishneedit.com has pretty cheap fixtures. I just got 3 fixtures from them and am very pleased so far. I have yet to read anything bad about them online from people who have actually used them. For a 2x54w T5HO you would be looking at $90 plus shipping (~$10). Not too bad for a brand new light fixture with your choice of bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom