My Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackspratt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 10 Gallon Planted tank has grown quickly in just 3 weeks!!

Attachments

• june24.jpg
    june24.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 343
  • july12.jpg
    july12.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 355
That tank looks great! And even better for only 3 weeks! What kind of light do you have?

wow very nice. are you ferting? must be to get that growth HAHA I thought it was 2 different tanks, one kinda sad and the nice one. beautiful plants.

How did you achieve that kind of growth rate with the HC?? I'd like mine to fill in quick, it's been in there about 4 weeks under 40 watts, pressurized co2 and osmocote root tabs.

Gillie said:
How did you achieve that kind of growth rate with the HC?? I'd like mine to fill in quick, it's been in there about 4 weeks under 40 watts, pressurized co2 and osmocote root tabs.

+1 I want to know the secret to growing it at fast rates :D

The day I put the DIY CO2, it started pearling like crazy the next day. I love Aquasoil. I wouldn't use any other soil. I know there are a lot of great ones out there but this stuff is great. I also had a bad Algae bloom the 1st week but the Nerite snails cleared that up by week 2. I am doing 12 hrs of light and when the lights go off at 7pm, the Oxygen kicks (air stone) on for the next 12 hrs. I think you really need to plant the HC with care. I saw a great video on youtube. Carefully cutting away all the wool with an Exacto knife and making sure the roots were planted as deep as possible.
‪Preparing Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'Cuba' for planting in an aquarium‬‏ - YouTube

I planted everything before adding water so rotting it well was key.
If you get a chance to go on Youtube and watch some videos of Oliver Knott's planting clips, thats pretty much what I followed.
I was shocked everything grew so fast and its probably an anomoly but I got lucky :)
I have another Fluval Edge where all the HC died within 2-3 weeks.
I used Flourite Sand in that one to experiment a little.
The Edge doesn't provide enough light either. I even tried swapping out the stock lighting with MR11 Bright LED's
I've now added an additonal 18w Light over the front of the tank and the rest of the plants in that tank are doing well. I'll post a seperate thread on that one soon.
JC

A week later

And here it is today...just 4 weeks later

Attachments

• july_19th.jpg
    july_19th.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 206
Back
Top Bottom