new lava rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anarekist said:
i wont cause any spikes, but it will leech, a little tiny bit, like all rocks on earth they weather, so you're looking at a few hundred years until they completely disintegrate. if that gives you any idea :). also you're using charcoal so anything you put in the water is getting absorbed out of the water column anyways.

sweet looks like the tank has a new addition i wish i could cut my anubias in half ( its to large to put on one rock) and get it to attach itd look really nice

i wonder how you are growing plants and also using charcoal though. the charcoal will absorb the nutrients in the water your plants may need. something to look into.

I bought a bag of lava rocks at home depot and rinsed them and boiled them and rinsed again. I have them in both my cichlid tanks, some in a corner of a tropical tank which is the baby fry hang out now and in my sons cichlid tank. ( 75, 2 55 g and 40 g) all my water parma are good and haven't had any floaters....

Back
Top Bottom