Newbie at aqua scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayven Joseph

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, lately I've been wanting plants in my aquarium so was thinking of places I think I know where I want to put the plants and I also know I want a amazon sword in this corner IMG_2342.jpg And this one IMG_2343.jpg But what I need help with is I want some kind of stem plant to use as a background IMG_2344.jpg And a good carpeting plant that can just go around my oscars little cave IMG_2346.jpg if that makes since NOTE since I'm new I want to use low tech plants and easy to manage I don't find my self having to trim my aquarium every two days [emoji23]

Oscar are notorious interior decorators. Gravel, rocks, plants will all be rearranged to suit them. Frankly I was impressed with how much and how big an item my Oscar used to move.

That being said you may want to look for very hardy low light plants you can attach to rocks or wood so they will survive the moving.

Anubias and Java Fern. They come in several shapes and sizes.

I should have said this but the oscar won't stay in there long it's like a growing tank but in the future I'm gonna put Africans like electric yellows and maybe something else don't know yet if you have a suggestion they have to be passive and stay small

I should not generalize the Africans; was thinking of the lake types. Kribensis stay somewhat smaller and are fine with plants.

Back
Top Bottom