PH help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright today I'm probs gonna go and get some Eco complete, and some plants if they have them.
If I DO get some plants, is it alright to put them in lukewarm water, and have the heater slowly warm the water over night, or should I get the heater goin first? And wat are some good fert combos?

Alright, I've tested my water again, after letting it sit, and will do so again when it's hit the 24 hour mark. So it looks like I know have a PH from about 7.2 to 7.8. Could live bearers or other adapt to these? I must say I feel much better myself.

( I measured with the PH and high PH test solutions

Attachments

• image-607629720.jpg
    image-607629720.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 40
tropicalmackdaddy said:
Alright, I've tested my water again, after letting it sit, and will do so again when it's hit the 24 hour mark. So it looks like I know have a PH from about 7.2 to 7.8. Could live bearers or other adapt to these? I must say I feel much better myself.

( I measured with the PH and high PH test solutions

I have a variety of fish in exactly that. Lowest mine had ever gone is 7. And just a side note...I've had my (established) tank 6 Weeks and have yet to have a fish die. If I can do it anyone can!

Ok now o have a question about this
If it tests high like here shouldn't it be put into a bucket or trash can to let it sit out the day before a water change?
Just curious
I always keep water in a trash can ready to go

Andrew McFadden said:
Ok now o have a question about this
If it tests high like here shouldn't it be put into a bucket or trash can to let it sit out the day before a water change?
Just curious
I always keep water in a trash can ready to go

Nope not well my tap, really wish I had a well tho ;) I let it sit in a glass mixing cup thingy

Alllrriiigghhtttt

I went to the store and got Eco-complete and some driftwood. Hurray!
How long should I soak the drift wood? I want to leave some tannis for a natural feel, and to maybe lower the PH abit.

Attachments

• image-100476672.jpg
    image-100476672.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-331886450.jpg
    image-331886450.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 39
Mumma.of.two said:
Put it through the dishwasher then weigh it down with rocks. If you want tannin you don't need to soak it.

Aright, no soap right? And for some reason it already sinks, the guy at the store tossed it in a tank to see if would sink and it did!

Sweet! I'm on springbreak, so hopefully I can get the tank setup 2maro and get a few pics

Oop question: I don't currently have a clean bucket to declorinate water, so can put all the substrate and hardscape in first, and fill it with water and let it declorinate from there or would that kill all the good bacteria in the ecocomplete? And if I do this could I run the filter?

Hooked up the filter, and heater, and filled the tank with water. I did this because I didnt have a bucket to put the water in so im just gonna let it dechlorinate in the tank, and then add the EC, driftwood ect.
Also, I tried the drift to see if it would float, but It didnt. The guy at the LSF must've only had one piece tht floated, and just thought the others Must float. O well, ill just put a nice big rock on it.

Sry for the bad pic, there's bad lighting under my desk. (have A loft)
Is thinking aBout a black background....

Back
Top Bottom