Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Summoning BrianNano...

^^^ Haha...

Well you know me guys, I was a Finnex fanboy. Now in the Current/Ecoxotic camp. So my vote would be an E-Series. I think with 120° optics and 60° reflectors, you'll get better spread on a 18" tall tank. Although, the tallest tank I have it on is my 14" tall 60p. There's already reviews and videos popping up on YouTube. Research might shed some "light." ;)

Hey Brian_Nano12g! That new finnex isn't even in the google.. I'm sweating...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys for shedding "light" on the situation. Lol.

I follow ADU on YouTube. I saw it the other day. I even tried to enter the raffle he referred to.

My tank from top to substrate is 15 1/2 ". I like the e-series too, especially the features. It seems to come with everything included, where as BML you have to buy each accessory individually. Really.....extra for stands?

I just want to buy one fixture, so what I've gathered so far is that the BML or the e-series could give me high light.

Decisions, decisions......

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

bml seems to be the Ferrari of led lighting.. no doubt.. although..interestingly enough.I think back to the last 3 encounters with this product. While the end result is not all negative, the overall experience seems lacking positivity..I'd be curious to give the e series a fair shot..

Last edited:
Beam angle is how wide the light is spread. 30 degrees is one concentrated beam fairly straight down whereas 120 is well spread out. 90 is average and should be fine.

The e series comes with 120* beam angle and 60* reflector, will that be a good spread for a 29 gallon?

What's considered high light in PAR?

I like my par rating like my golf game.. 100+

I received a few goodies today. On my way to high tech.....still iffy on the light though. I really like the e-series, but concerned with the length I need.

Which Finnex LED would you guys recommend.....Ray 2, Planted +?

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/88508-albums14051-picture67008.jpg
[URL="http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/88508-albums14051-picture67009.jpg"]http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/88508-albums14051-picture67009.jpg[/URL]

88508-albums14051-picture67008.jpg

88508-albums14051-picture67009.jpg

Let the games begin!!! For the finnex...i think the ray 2 has a higher par rating while the planted plus offers better spectrum with reds and blues...

I have PPS pro now and my tank is taking off. The only thing is that I haven't been doing plant maintenance. I'm embarrassed to show you guys this but it the truth. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406820651.302351.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406822162.285294.jpg

Wow its very inspirational to see how far you've come witb your tank! It helps beginners like me see the silver lighting when having a hard time with plants lol I'm currently in the works of moving my 10 gallon planted tank to a 29 gallon tank. I got my light as a gift and haven't had a chance to see how it works. It's a deluxe programmable LED aquarium light national geographic. Has 3 7,000k - 10,000k lights with the blue option but they run at 20,000k so I was told not to run them bc they will only feed algae growth.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow its very inspirational to see how far you've come witb your tank! It helps beginners like me see the silver lighting when having a hard time with plants lol I'm currently in the works of moving my 10 gallon planted tank to a 29 gallon tank. I got my light as a gift and haven't had a chance to see how it works. It's a deluxe programmable LED aquarium light national geographic. Has 3 7,000k - 10,000k lights with the blue option but they run at 20,000k so I was told not to run them bc they will only feed algae growth.

Thanks New! When I look back on the whole experience it's pretty crazy the patience I had. Usually I don't have any. Lol. I'm glad that my build process can inspire, makes it worth while.
That light sounds nice, but I'm the last person to talk about LEDs. I'm rocking a DIY light I built. I will post some pics do you can check it out. Brookster did a how to on it.

Wow.. is that a bush of HM on the left?

Yeah its a big bush..... Like the 70s. Lol

Ok thanks pittbully ill make sure to take a look:)

Back
Top Bottom