Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my tank in the garage. My wife doesn't care for it much so thats where it is . The fixture gets pretty warm as well as the garage. I took the top off the tank, which has a protective piece of glass, and just ran it open bottom. It has decreased the tank temp some, but my tank still runs pretty high between 80-85. I keep my water level high to prevent slash from the hob filter to the lights.

I don't know why I have the heater in there, its unplug. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's an update to my tank. It's pretty over grown and I got rid of the java fern on the right (had a ton of BBA on it and starting going south). I replaced it with star repens and some ar minis I received from Fresh2o, thanks man.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408062211.808303.jpg

New fisheye lens

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408062256.613191.jpg

Star repens and minis

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408062306.364452.jpg

Full shot.

Here's an update to my tank. It's pretty over grown and I got rid of the java fern on the right (had a ton of BBA on it and starting going south). I replaced it with star repens and some ar minis I received from Fresh2o, thanks man.

View attachment 246788

Star repens and minis

Really liking this man, tank looks great!

Looks really healthy man! You're doing it right!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Star repens and AR mini

They look better in your tank than they do in mine. Let's see if you can keep the AR mini free of BBA and other offending algae. Seems to be a problem from I'm reading with some folks here.
Tank looks really nice. Healthy assortment of fish. I'd get more fish if I weren't so Ich-phobic.
Btw the shrimp arrived fine and are sharing a meal with the resident shrimp and MTS.

Dude.. the tank looks great. Interesting effect with the fisheye lens. Is it one of those lens kits for smartphones?

Hey thanks fellas. I really don't like the way my tank is looking. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I was without ferts for a bit and everything started to die off. So what you see are random placement of plants where I had a little room to put and save them.

Fisher-Did you see some of your endlers in the shots?....love those lil guys.

Fresh- It's pretty much over stocked, but it "motivates" me to perform weekly wc's(lol). They also give a great effect when everyone is swimming around and happy. I keep a close eye on them and I started test my water more frequently.

Brian- yeah it's a lil kit with three lens for iPhone, but I've seen them for all smart phones. Last week my son threw my phone across the room (he's 20 months) and jacked up the digitizer on my phone. So I looked on eBay for a replacement and after I purchased it, at the bottom of the page it advertises similar products and the lens were down there. I thought it was pretty interesting and I figured WTH lets give them a try. For $5 it's pretty cool.

Well for those still hanging on I have a few updates.

First here's what the tank currently looks like. It's in a transition mode. Just trying to keep everything healthy until I decide how I want to rescape...?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409110015.589604.jpg

I'm still pumping DIY co2, but not for long.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409110101.461499.jpg

And I also got a kh/gh test kit, co2 diffuser and cheap digital tank thermometer.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409110324.733843.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409110346.442389.jpg

As far as the rescape I'm torn between all the types, but I really don't want to purchase any new plants or get rid of the ones I have now. Any suggestions welcomed.

Gas it!!! Tank looks like it's doing just fine with out though! Did you get a regulator as well?

You better believe it. Probably sometime next week it will be hook up. I'm also drowning a piece of drift wood I found a while back. Wish these things happened over night.

So I forget. Did you get a BML? I just reread the thread but it doesn't say.

The tank looks nice although super grown out.

I loooove the HM bush.

So I forget. Did you get a BML? I just reread the thread but it doesn't say.

The tank looks nice although super grown out.

I loooove the HM bush.

No not yet. I'm still saving up for it. I feel like I did when I was 13.....saving up for a new BMX bike, but now I want a BML!

Yeah it's pretty overgrown but I've been battling with BBA, so I've been holding off the trimming. I want to get rid of most if it before I do.

No not yet. I'm still saving up for it. I feel like I did when I was 13.....saving up for a new BMX bike, but now I want a BML!

Yeah it's pretty overgrown but I've been battling with BBA, so I've been holding off the trimming. I want to get rid of most if it before I do.

Cool. So whats on there now just two CFLs?

And did you say this tank was 24*12*16?

That diy rig has some plant growing power, i know this. I think you'll appreciate the sheer power offered by the led in such a small, streamline setup.

That diy rig has some plant growing power, i know this. I think you'll appreciate the sheer power offered by the led in such a small, streamline setup.

I can definitely rely on my DIY co2, but I want something that will be less work outside of the tank, you know. Lol

I can't wait for an led fixture, but I still can't decide which one for sure. Everyone on here has different lights with all great results. You guys are making hard for me.

I can definitely rely on my DIY co2, but I want something that will be less work outside of the tank, you know. Lol

I can't wait for an led fixture, but I still can't decide which one for sure. Everyone on here has different lights with all great results. You guys are making hard for me.

Get the exotic man! If.you have the extra dough?? Bml!

Back
Top Bottom