Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep! Should be very nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I'm gonna wait till take one comes out....and then I will make the finally decision.

I'm thinking about using safe t sorb capped with black diamond blasting media as my new scape substrate.

I've seen people use it. What's your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've no real experience with either, heard great things about safety, bdbs seems fine unless you have corys or plecos, guess it's sharp. I used the petco black sand and it's great so far.
Your light with pressurized co2 should yield some excellent reaults.

Both seem ok, but when you're on a budget it's a great deal. I'm gonna do it, and if I bomb...at least it wasn't a major investment.

Both seem ok, but when you're on a budget it's a great deal. I'm gonna do it, and if I bomb...at least it wasn't a major investment.

Oh you won't go wrong, just plug em with o+ tabs. The safet will mature and start providing nutrients for the plants eventually I believe. The bdbs is just a cosmetic covering. Can't go wrong there..

Yeah Peabody paradise uses it for his plants. He says it has a good CEC, it should since it was made to absorb things. And your right, I just want the black for show....might also help with planting fine stems.

On the finnex, looks like its worth it. I was about to pull the trigger on a BML but decided to wait and see what the new finnex planted + elite has to offer. Have high expectations but who knows! :)

On the finnex, looks like its worth it. I was about to pull the trigger on a BML but decided to wait and see what the new finnex planted + elite has to offer. Have high expectations but who knows! :)

Yup, that's the one I'm waiting for. I hope of puts out good enough PAR for a standard 29g.

Yup, that's the one I'm waiting for. I hope of puts out good enough PAR for a standard 29g.

The elite should be enough to make you regret going high light;) someone say algae explosion?!?!?!

Lol. Yeah, I guess it's a necessary evil when you start a high tech tank.

Lol. Yeah, I guess it's a necessary evil when you start a high tech tank.

It's fun though!! I'm totally obsessed with achieving a high tech show tank at this point!! I guess running 3 should increase my odds of success huh?

Man, I definitely know the feeling. I drool over some of the tanks I've seen on here and from famous artist (can I call them that?) online. I would really like to own a lfs and have a killer display tank for customers to strive for. This also means I have to drive in reef tanks too. When does the insanity end? Lol

Man, I definitely know the feeling. I drool over some of the tanks I've seen on here and from famous artist (can I call them that?) online. I would really like to own a lfs and have a killer display tank for customers to strive for. This also means I have to drive in reef tanks too. When does the insanity end? Lol

I keep telling myself I'll never go sw, already have so oooo much into these planted getups. ... it all ends when Sarah says "it's me or the tanks" fingers crossed we never see that day my man!

When my wife and I argue every once in while about my tank. I always say "I'm gonna get rid of my tank", luckily I haven't had to do that....yet. Lol

When my wife and I argue every once in while about my tank. I always say "I'm gonna get rid of my tank", luckily I haven't had to do that....yet. Lol

Only time it's been an issue for me so far has been the whole flooding the dining room snafu. .mehhhh

Just wanted to post a pic of the 29. I did a huge trim and rearranged some plants. The swords are definitely the center of attention. Still waiting for the right time to rescape.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410126398.040813.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410126443.679970.jpg

Hey Right! Thanks man. I believe those stalks are bacopa carlina. I received a plant package a while back and had one or two stems. I believe my light is low-high to medium light.

Hey Right! Thanks man. I believe those stalks are bacopa carlina. I received a plant package a while back and had one or two stems. I believe my light is low-high to medium light.

OK, I run a Finnex Planted Plus on my 29, so that's probably out of my light league. But if you ever have too much of that Star Repens, I'll gladly take some off your hands. :brows:

The Bacopa caroliniana is not too demanding. I stopped using it in a 20g long and a FugeRay because it was growing too fast. I moved it to a low light 20g long tank with dual T5 NO and it grew. Not as fast but it did fine. I moved a few stems back to the original tank and the growth is rapid and leaves are bleaching a bit under a Finnex planted+.
Star repens will do fine in a 29 with a planted+. It did great under a FugeRay. PM if you need some.

Back
Top Bottom