Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
once you have the proper light and substrate, you can pretty much grow at least 50% of the plants out there. the ones you can't grow have really high demands, so i wouldn't worry about them too much. you can youtube "low tech planted tanks", they have some nice videos on planted tanks that you can do without breaking your bank

Are java fern, water wisteria,rotala,anubias nana dwarf sag, and jungle val good how many watts do I need I'm using ecocmplete

Are java fern, water wisteria,rotala,anubias nana dwarf sag, and jungle val good how many watts do I need I'm using ecocmplete

wisteria, dwarf sag, jungle val require medium light.

rotala will have red if you have good light+co2.

everything else is low light, which you should be able to handle.

you can replace the light bulbs that come with your hood with something from Home Depot. the ones that says 6500K for color spectrum if you don't want to spend an additional $100 or so for light

I have wisteria and dwarf sag in very low light and they grow pretty fast. In my experience they are very easy plants.

Will my Pleco eat plants some say he will

it shouldn't and probably won't. there are reports every now and then about plecos eating plants, but in my experience my pleco never touch the plants. those incidents about plecos eating plants have their own caveats, so i wouldn't worry about the pleco. i assuming you have a driftwood?

Back
Top Bottom