Please help with lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I want to plant a 56 column (30L x 18W x 24H) with medium light (no co2 or ferts) plants what should I go for? I found some t5ho fixtures but how many bulbs would I need? The 30 inch fixtures all seem to use 24W bulbs. I hatwe this part of planting lol
Thanks and God bless!
P.S. I can post links to the fixtures I have found if needed.

I have the same tank and use a t5ho 30in duel with 2 18 watt bulbs. I added two homedepot clamp on shop lights with a 100 watt full spectrum spiral bulb and a 75watt daylight bulb. This is much cheeper and does the job. Make sure you get the bulbs that are full spectrum or daylight they work fine.

I know this works because since adding the clamp on shop lights the floating salvinia has pretty much taken over my tanks. I also have one on my 20gal tall.

I have the same tank and use a t5ho 30in duel with 2 18 watt bulbs. I added two homedepot clamp on shop lights with a 100 watt full spectrum spiral bulb and a 75watt daylight bulb. This is much cheeper and does the job. Make sure you get the bulbs that are full spectrum or daylight they work fine.

To my knowledge, no one makes 30" 18w T5HO bulbs, and the 24" T5HO are 24w. Are you sure that these aren't T8s or T5NOs? And when you say 75w and 100w, I assume these are the 'watt equivalence', so actually 18w and 25w?

I have a coralife t5no on my 26 bowfront now. I like coralife. I dont think the 56 is going to be mine anymore. I am going to keep the bowfront which is cool because I love it :)

now I don't know what they are, I was under the impression they were high output. Someone tell me what I have please...........................

It's this one Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 FRESHWATER Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X18 Watt, 30 inch

Thanks for clarifying that, my plants seem to be growing and look good. What would the high out put lights do. I have ludwiga repens, swords, crypts, diandra, red lotus, aponogeton bovianins which grow fast.

Back
Top Bottom