post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol just a bit of a jungle. looks good though. what are the specs jc? is that your lowlight tank? glad u finally posted :)

OK,

I'm just making this as a placeholder. I'll be doing a gravel vac and rearranging some of the new plants I got before putting in a new pic. Here is an older pic though when I only had java fern, wisteria, and some moneywort (I think).

-20 gallon high
-65 watt Corallife CF 24"
-Flourish dosing 2-3 times a week
-Dosing baking soda and calcium chloride and magnesium chloride during PWC to get 5-7KH and 7-9GH
-large bioload and 5-10ppm nitrAte in tap water so I never (yet) have had to add nitrAte
-phosphate overdosed (oopps) but probably will never have to dose that since my tap seems to have 0.5ppm in it as well as my algae wafers and shrimp pellets seem to contain some as well
-no iron dosing as I figure the fish food and fish will take care of the Fe requirements
-DIY 2L CO2 bubbling into the underside of my terra cotta pot (has proven to be VERY efficient)
-4 Oto's for algae cleanup
-12 barbs (6 tigers, and a mixed bag of others)
-1 cory catfish

I hope that meets all the info requirements that were asked for.

justin

OLD tank shot (this was before the 65w CF and with no planting skills :) ):

croptank031906.jpg

lol ya that meets the requirments. i am glad people are starting to put more information cause some people dont realize that they have natural fertalizers and requirments in there water so dosing doesnt involve everything all the time. the tank looks nice 7enigma for having no planting skill lol. those are some pretty massive lookin pots, i usually buy more smaller and medium sized pots for the look but i like yours also. they can be a pain in the but to break properly sometimes. why is there soo much light on the left side of the tank? if people also want to post how they took the photo that would be really helpful. if u used flash, macro, custom settings or auto mode, what time of day/night, room lights on or off... anything u think will help other people. i am lovin all these tanks and cant wait to get to the 3rd and fourth and 5th... pages of this thread.

Before getting the 65w CF hood light I only had the crappy 17w NO one that was horrible. I had a 13w CF shoplight hanging off the left side to give some extra light (that's what you see). It actually worked quite well, but the plants grew towards it. :)

That picture was before the java ferns and wisteria really started to grow well. As of Friday afternoon the tank looked like a jungle, but I pulled out most of the wisteria due to the new plants. Some of them are actually starting to turn an orange-red tinge, and it looks great!

I'm going to do the PWC's now so I might get a pic up tonight, otherwise tomorrow afternoon.

since i trippled my light i ahve noticed some plants turning red. my hygro polysperma is going an orangish red colour and it used to be a light green. and man is stuff ever growing fast now lol. i had the stock 15 watt bulb that came with mine which i upgraded to a plant bulb then i had a spare hood that i used just the light and put it on top of of tank aswell for more lighting. then i finally just build my own light that was a 4X 24" t8 ballast. i can now have 4 20 watt bulbs in there.

Here is my tank tonight. Having a bit of a cloudy water issue, just did a 50% water change. Everyone's tanks look amazing. Watch your fert levels mr funktastic, they can get away from you pretty quick with high light!
20 gallon high
Eco-complete
65 wt Coralife CF 6700 k
1-14 WT T-5 10,000 k
DIY CO2, gravel vac powered reactor, to big! Got to get it out of the tank, or get a bigger tank! Only way I've been able to get consistant 25 to 30 ppm CO2 levels, and I've tried just about everything!
Still working on balancing ferts,
Getting there!

My planted 80 gallon

Hi , This is my tank. please ignore the cup in there as I was using it as a snail trap. :)

Attachments

• tank_22_553.jpg
    tank_22_553.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 69
lol i love how wizzard can answer for glen. man i love the way your tank is set up glen but dont u find your reactor set up kinda ugly? i mean i am sure it is efficient but it just seems to draw alot of attention away from your tank. as i see u are only a few posts in welcome to AA molielover!! tank looks great. that is a busy lookin tank u seem to have alot of different species of plants but a very nice mix. for better picture results take them at night with all lights off but the tanks and turn down your filter, then we can enjoy the real beauty of your tank. i hope that helps.

Thanks Wizzard, it is H Callitrichoides "cuba" Grows pretty quick, if you get it, separate it into as many small bunches as you feel like planting. It will spread way faster this way. It's tough to plant as it separates very easy and likes to float away on you! Be in a good mood when you try to plant it! Once it takes hold it grows into a nice carpet. The reactor set-up cost me nothing as I had an old gravel vac and pump kicking around. To buy the pump and gravel vac your looking at about 30 bucks. I've tried the Hagen ladder, a good size bell reactor, multiple fine mist wooden air stones, a Red sea 200 reactor, And a combination of most listed above combined as well. Nothing works as well in my tank as this powered reactor. Simple and effective. Just a bit of an eyesore. Might pipe it outside the tank to free up some space, and get it out of view.

Hey Hoovercat, forgot to mention that one, yes I have tried it. It worked pretty well but I couldn't take the noise of the impellor chewing up the bubbles. I tried using an airline reducer to make the bubbles smaller before they got sucked into the intake but it was still to noisy. I even ran an airstone directly under the intake. This worked well for noise but filled my tank with millions of tiny bubbles, almost made the tank look cloudy. The powered reactor still gives me the most consistent CO2 levels of any of the other methods I have tried. It leaves the water clear of tiny bubbles as the CO2 is fully disolved by the churning water in the chamber and clear CO2 rich water is shot out the exhaust end. Just got to get it out of the tank or hide it behind some plants at the back. Still working on it. Thanks for asking!

Wow, what a brilliant thread! fantastic tanks!

Wish I could post mine up too :(
I'd love to know what you guys thought of my tank, all your tanks look so good!...something just doesnt' add up about mine with me. It's like not natural looking...or something :p I'm sure you guys will know what it is!

Still can't figure out how to get my pictures up though.
It's saying they are too big. I've tried reducing size as far as it goes, using programs etc...but I can't seem to crack it. Any ideas?
Is there another thread that can provide answers for this question?

Many thanks, and once again, beautiful tanks! :)
Ryland.

ps.oh, and sorry for the irrelavent post!

mr funktastic said:
lol i love how wizzard can answer for glen. man i love the way your tank is set up glen but dont u find your reactor set up kinda ugly? i mean i am sure it is efficient but it just seems to draw alot of attention away from your tank. as i see u are only a few posts in welcome to AA molielover!! tank looks great. that is a busy lookin tank u seem to have alot of different species of plants but a very nice mix. for better picture results take them at night with all lights off but the tanks and turn down your filter, then we can enjoy the real beauty of your tank. i hope that helps.
Thanks Mr. funktastic, that is an older picture of my tank I have since scaled back on the number of species, less is better and a bit more managable. I do usually take my pictures at night as I have found out they do turn out nicer.

fastsly it isnt an irrelivant post!! i sent u a pm so you know how to post pics and we can all see your tank and help u figure out what doesnt add up lol. so far so good with this post but keep them coming people i know there are more planted tanks out there. i dont care if u include the info or not but just post your tank for all to see!!!

Back
Top Bottom