Q #2 Plant clippers for a deep tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey! has anyone come across (or has DIY instructions) a nifty little contraption to cut and grab plant clippsing for a bottom of a 2 foot deep tank?

I've been trying to think of a way to make a spring loaded string drawn contraption. Sorta like those childhood toys... the dinosaur head on the plastic stick? You hit the trigger and the mouth closes... Only this one would have sissors.

I saw something at PJ's pet centre... but it was only 16 inches long, and over 40 bucks!

If anyone has any ideas, or would like to brainstorm with me, lemme know!

I saw a contraption at Pet Smart the other day. It appeared metal blades for cutting and plastic blades for planting. I don't remember the price but it might be worth looking into.

It would be the same, I've seen them under 3 or 4 different brands.

They are great, mine fold in half for storage (they fit in the canopy) and the blades came with a plastic case.. You can use them for just about anything. (including grabbing something you may have inadvertantly dropped in the tank :roll:

...Or pinching you wife's butt when she's not looking...and even when she is.

I tried that, I got told that I would have to wash them before I put them in the tank.. absolutely effortless, I love it when she says the wrong thing :)

Back
Top Bottom