Rescaping Newly Cycled 5.5g from Gravel to EcoComplete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, guys...so, I went to the LFS and picked up 3 banana plants. His plants had algae on them, though. I went ahead and got them because they looked otherwise healthy and I figured I could kill the algae with some hydrogen peroxide, yes? Probably not? Sigh. So much to learn.

I ordered a glass top for the tank and am looking into a clip-on LED hood that isn't all that expensive but will do the trick for my not-so-needy plants.

Hoping to be cycled here reaaaal soon. Ecocomplete, Flourish Iron, Flourish Potassium arrived today! Yay! Waiting to get off work to go home and complete everything. I am so stoked...and nervous. I'm pretty nervous I'm going to kill every single thing.

It's hard to kill most of the basic plants. I was a complete newbie with plants too at one time and I had a few die. You seem ready for them though :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Switch out complete. Still looking rather sad. Hoping to remedy that with some growth and organization. Soccer ball survived and is chilling on Football Hill. Thinking of giving the ball some s. repens of its own. Going to give water wisteria another go. Otherwise, focus is shifting to plant growth and health until the cycle is finished and we can get some fish friends. My ammonia hasn't gotten all the way to zero yet for some reason. It gets lower than 0.25... but isn't going lower than that. so annoying!

Attachments

• 1424969480409.jpg
    1424969480409.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 94
That's my kid's custom artwork as a background there. Circles. ...everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just ordered some dwarf....dwarf...dah. I can't remember. Dwarf grass something or another. I need to propagate the Java Fern. I dosed iron for the first time last night. I'm going to try adding potassium in a couple of days. Ya know...just doing random **** hoping something sticks.

Me likey this light, thanks guys! Tank is still a little cloudy from the substrate change..

Attachments

• 1424990231313.jpg
    1424990231313.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 88
Looks nice. What light us that?

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I didn't know any better..... I'd say it's a finnex p plus clip on man!
Edit- those cardinals should/will get enormous, they will grow right out of the tank actually! Something to consider..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I didn't know any better..... I'd say it's a finnex p plus clip on man!
Edit- those cardinals should/will get enormous, they will grow right out of the tank actually! Something to consider..

You think so?? I'm kind of expecting them to go nowhere without co2. it'll be interesting to see how they do on Excel...

I'm adding dwarf...it's gotta be sag? The grassy stuff? Anywho, I'm adding that to Football Hill in a few days. Stoked about the grass. I need something to go behind the tower...not sure what...

Also...there's gotta be a cuter intake extension for the AC20. ...or nah?

Just logging progress...

Attachments

• 1425222905706.jpg
    1425222905706.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 94
Gorgeous. Amazing the difference that the light upgrade makes. Makes me want to consider something like that. Really classes up the place, so to speak.

Keeping my sleeves wet...
Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Also...there's gotta be a cuter intake extension for the AC20. ...or nah?

You could slide the filter to the left so that the tower hides the filter intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When a filter comes along..you must slide it! Slide it good!! Dunahhnahh Nahh nahh

Genius! ...I have to wait on the glass top to come in. More slidey space

Progress :) Added the dwarf sag

Attachments

• 1425527741561.jpg
    1425527741561.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 87
Nice, soccer ball is soon gonna disappear behind the growing plants :p

Check out my introduction to view my tank!

I will say.. I'm usually on to the next one when I see artificial decorations (natural look snob).. but!!! That pagoda is working for me:) tank looks great! Youre.doing it right!!

Back
Top Bottom