Sk3llys High Tech Planted Video Links

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought I'd try to post some YouTube links for videos of my tank in action for anyone who was interested in my progression thread. My first offering is a short video of my tank pearling

Any comments appreciated.

Enjoy

Http://youtu.be/93b0NpYjGsA

Ah sorry guys I may need to rethink this. I filmed on my iPhone and the quality is awful :( I'm not good with tech or cameras lol

The link didn't work..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'll get it straightened out haha.. get the solunar?

Doubt it!! Not yet but i think its in england. Waiting to be told how much i need to pay so they can deliver

The link worked for me. The tank looks great. Just looking at that reminds me, I need to cut my grass...lol. There is nothing wrong with the quality, don't be so hard on yourself!!!!

Cheers Ian ? I can't wait for my tank to develop under this new bml. Defo signs of improvements on plants

My previous post got denied, could pop up soon but who knows.. I got the link up, man that tank looks great bro.. I'm slightly envious of how well your fish look as well as plants.. you're doing it right!!

My previous post got denied, could pop up soon but who knows.. I got the link up, man that tank looks great bro.. I'm slightly envious of how well your fish look as well as plants.. you're doing it right!!

Thanks Brookster ? yea i like how it looks at the moment. Still cant wait to tear it down for my rescape lol

Btw, how many GBR do you have in that tank and any trouble with RCS?

Btw, how many GBR do you have in that tank and any trouble with RCS?

One male one female. I started with 6 RCS and reckon i have close to 40 now. Its impossible to tell though in the long thick DHG. Im forever seeing baby shrimp. I reckon they go for the baby shrimp when they are hungry but dont seem to cause a problem really

One male one female. I started with 6 RCS and reckon i have close to 40 now. Its impossible to tell though in the long thick DHG. Im forever seeing baby shrimp. I reckon they go for the baby shrimp when they are hungry but dont seem to cause a problem really

That's why the gbr are always combing through the carpet.. I got about 10 rcs a month ago and really haven't seen all but 2 recently. Last night during my wc I rearranged the moss wall and wouldn't you know.. a whole mess of baby rcs in there, that's why one of my br is constantly in there.. free live food is great, the idea of being able to leave the tank for a week and having all the fish able to eat is a great feeling of accomplishment..

I also think they were responsible for polishing off all the remaining ramshorn snails. I had loads then in no time at all none. Is there any known examples of gbr's eating small snails?

I had a gbr in my qt with a big ramshorn snail, i witnessed on several occasions the ram nudging the snail around.. after a few days I noticed the snail was not moving anymore, upon closer inspection, an empty shell!!! Couldn't believe it.. rammy munched a huge snail haha

Im sure this is what happened to my pest snails. Cant beat live food!!

One of my planned future projects is to develop a daphnia colony in a bucket and breed for my own source of live food

Live food Is the best.. probably why your rams look so happy and healthy.. that'd be cool if you could get the Daphnia going.. I've considered mosquito larvae. Have you heard of cyclops?

Back
Top Bottom