Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice of you to check in, OS! Glad you were able to scape the tank into something that works for you. No algae and low maintenance...good combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! Hope to be on more often as my strength improves. I rescaped my 29g to a low/medium light anudia & crypts tank with mostly livebearers. Much easier for me to keep maintained. Absolutely NO algae! Yea! I'll post a thread on it soon.
Hope all of you are doing well. Later, OS.

Great news ? really is good to hear this

You the man scales!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got the eheim up and running brookster. I had been an idiot in setting up lol. Maybe i was in too much of a rush before.

Inline external reactor ordered as well.

Hygro pinatifida ordered also. 3 weeks to get new growth for more plants for new scape

Got the eheim up and running brookster. I had been an idiot in setting up lol. Maybe i was in too much of a rush before.

Inline external reactor ordered as well.

Hygro pinatifida ordered also. 3 weeks to get new growth for more plants for new scape

I'm right behind you bud! I'm thinking of a sunsun, may just order a reactor from Dr. Foster.. pretty cheap and I have no free time for the forsee able future.. I'm a sucker for diy but too much going on.. I'll have to Google that hygro..

I'm right behind you bud! I'm thinking of a sunsun, may just order a reactor from Dr. Foster.. pretty cheap and I have no free time for the forsee able future.. I'm a sucker for diy but too much going on.. I'll have to Google that hygro..

I hear you. The hygro is a cool plant. You'll like it. I'm hoping I can bring its redness out. Starting to get a touch of redness in my blyxa japonica which is great. Got my wallichii still and I'm going to have another attempt at the aponogeton crispus red

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How's That Walichi treating you? Mines starting to grow like a weed.. not as red as I'd like though..

How's That Walichi treating you? Mines starting to grow like a weed.. not as red as I'd like though..

Well i originally planted the stems too close. Then whilst away my pogo forest overshadowed it and a lot of the stems rotted. I pulled the entire of the back of my tank. Replanted pogo tops, wallichii surviving tops and pogo stellatus tops. Much better spacing and hopefully will give off better growth. Growth will be delayed whilst the stems develop some root growth id expect but they should be good sized stems by the time the new tank is up.

So my much spoken of pogo forest is now more like a neatly well spaced pogo stem gathering lol

I understand the planting too close. Only the top 1/4 of my R wallichii looked good. Some Staghorn or other algae (Rivercats would know) on it as well. What's left looks lanky and thin. I still have the tops in a holding tank....
Should I remove the bases and just plant the tops?
The pogo erectus gathering is growing. I left the bottoms where they were and they have new growth. I've left plenty of room in between the stems. A 20g is shallow so they don't have grow very tall to reach the top.
I saw the same growth with Ammania bonsai (it's a weed). The trimmed stems in the holding tank are growing out of the water. If I don't unload them in might try growing the in a pot of soil as a houseplant.

Back
Top Bottom