So, you think YOU have algae problems? Ha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great. I would caution if your using the AP liquid test kit that there very might be little to no nitrAte present (if your reading between 5 and 10). The test is much more accurate over 10ppm apparently, so I would try to keep the levels around 20ppm to be safe. The fish will be fine, and you'll eliminate the possibility of bottoming out with perfect algae growing nutrients around (even though the UV might take care of the algae).

Oh and next time take a picture with the camera slightly off center from the tank and you will eliminate the flash in the center of the tank. Looks GREAT!

Thanks. I'm dosing to keep the nitrate around 20. Right now, it's not really dropping below 10 between doses. I haven't started dosing traces yet, mainly due to the fact that I've been doing so many water changes that I can barely keep up with dosing macros. Things should be settling down now, though.

The plants are going absolutely wild though, so at least that part of the equation is working out.

Looks great...glad the UV worked for you. I really think something was wrong with the one I used when I had GW. I see some familiar plants in there! Hope they do well for you!

newfound77951 said:
Looks great...glad the UV worked for you. I really think something was wrong with the one I used when I had GW. I see some familiar plants in there! Hope they do well for you!

So far, so good. The good news about the plants is that they have started to recover from their chlorine overdose, and are really growing out well. It's almost time to strip them all out and put them back in according to some sort of plan (other than "oh, there's an empty spot, I'll put it there").

Back
Top Bottom