Tracie's 12gal rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traciedjessop

Aquarium Advice Activist
So... A very kind kind member sent me a goodie package today!!
I'm rescaping!!

As A newbie I may have questions along the way.

My first is the java moss. I'm not really sure what I should do with it. Do I carpet it on a rock or driftwood?
On the soil in a small patch?
Is there a right/wrong way to trim it to portions??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405732060.055277.jpgthis was it before I just moved everything out

?
It's a blank canvas right now.

Because it's fairly long I'd probably tie bunches of the java moss to dw.

There is no wrong way really from my experience just cut it with ordinary scissors you can buy select scissors for pruning carpets and but I just a use a pair of medical scissors that are long, thin and sharp and cut as you please really.

Java moss is a slow grower so to carpet it on the substrate would take a looooonnnnngggggg time but yeh I reckon just tie it with some fishing line in bunches on dw.

Tell them about the plants;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha bi just pm'd you.

THANK YOU!!!

Ok so I've planted these absolutely gorgeous specimens that Brookster sent!!

Please don't judge my scaping skills. My main intent is to create some territories ...several...
I've got fw puffers and I'm trying to breed (ha).

I salvaged a few of my cheaps lfs pieces.
I still have to add back in my fire miss and floating java.
And I'm going to go see if I can find a good piece of driftwood for the beautiful java Brookster also sent.

Love the "special" too Brookster!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405737313.280018.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405737340.498628.jpg

My phone went dead and we had to run out for some ro/di for the salt tank. I'll do more work on it when I get home.

I'm open to suggestions on moving anything, etcetera.

I'm also prolly gonna replace that filter with a hob.

Thanks y'all!!

Soooo
I picked up some dwarf hairgrass
And a little pack of staurogyne repens to add a little more
Wrapped the java on some river rock (temporarily)
I've added the DIY co2 so I'll see how that goes.
Impatiently awaiting my water to clear so I can move my puffers back in, poor guys are not happy in the micro ;/

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405748446.904409.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405748465.401991.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405748498.926894.jpg

Looking good over there! Is the co2 diffusing?

That's a nice foot print. What are the dimensions of the tank? What light fixture is that? Coralife dual T5 HO or NO? I have the NO and it keeps my low light crypts and moss happy. I bought the same internal filter for a holding tank. Was very inexpensive but mine makes an annoying rattling noise.

Looking good over there! Is the co2 diffusing?

Thanks! As the water clears it's looking better and better!
I'm going to get out today or tomorrow and find a piece of driftwood to use instead of the rocks. That will look much better I think ;)

The co2 is diffusing! At about two bubbles per second I think.
Is there any suggestion on placement? I have it next to the pump but I'm not sure if that is helping to disperse it ??

Thanks!!

That's a nice foot print. What are the dimensions of the tank? What light fixture is that? Coralife dual T5 HO or NO? I have the NO and it keeps my low light crypts and moss happy. I bought the same internal filter for a holding tank. Was very inexpensive but mine makes an annoying rattling noise.

Thanks;). It's a Coralife t5 HO. I replaced the actinic bulb with a 6700

The tank is 36" 9 x 9

Yeah. The filter is the cheapest. It makes noises when I clean it but stops. I'm probably going to replace it with a HOB soon but it seems ok for now. Gives good flow that's for sure ;)

That tank is shallow. It will make the most of any light source. It looks like a much bigger tank.
Those little filters do have some output for their size and price. It should do a good job churning up a distributing the CO2. You could leave it in place and run a small HOB on the opposite side of the tank.
Keep taking pics as your tank will evolve.

Back
Top Bottom