What do you think - Algae gone (Images)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
As you may of been aware I was not happy with my tank but then greenmaji came along lol. He explained alot to me so I went to my lfs lol, and bought some plant food :) and some more plants :).

I scrubbed all the algea of, added some plants and then fed the plants.
I also added some bogwood.

Here are some images of my tank now.

What other fish should I add.

2 Britslenose Catfish
2 Cockatoo's

OR BOTH :D

Thank you, so what are your opinions ...

cockatoo's
bristlenose

OR BOTH lol :D

The tank looks great. Regarding your fish choices, my own inclination would be to get both. What temperature do you keep your tank at though? Dwarf cockatoo cichlids do well in temperatures up to 79 deg F, from what I have been reading, while bristlenose plecos live well in temps up to 84 deg F.

Looks like exellent work Steven! (y)
I would do a little more reaserch on the temperature range cockatoo's can thrive in if I were you.

Thanx alot for the input, I did some reading and in the book I have it says up to 82, and my tank is only 80. My discus are happy with this and bristlenose should be.

My only worry is .... will the bristlenose eat the eggs of the cockatoo's and maybe discus (one day) lol.

BN's are common tankmates for discus... but there's a good chance that the breeding pairs get there own tank when being indused to spawn so that wouldnt make a diffence.. BrianNY should know.. he's had both or does have both..

Back
Top Bottom