would this light work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't the finnex fixtures pretty comparable on price anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How hot you think that puppy's going to get??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

very hot, was looking at leds but there is no way to know how much light they put out very few brands tell you the output , and watts per gal really is a terrible way to judge light
100 watss of led is much more light that an 100 watt iridescent bulb
and different types of florescent lights put out diffrent about of light
I have used hps lights for flowering plants , but metal halide is better for plant growth
many of the leds are designed for corral not plants so don't know what to get

Well what your budget and tank hieght, i can attest to the plant growing capabilities of finnex and current brand leds.

A couple of economical options to dig into- LED floodlights - These are cheap and work pretty well, there are several build threads on them just google and look for forum links.
GU10 LEDs - People use these as well, GU10 bulbs typically 3 or 4x1w sometimes higher wattage, but I have seen many SPS/LPS tanks running nothing but 4x1w GU10 bulbs and growing just fine, so I know they'll work on planted tanks even though they aren't all that popular with DIYers ------yet.

Well what your budget and tank hieght, i can attest to the plant growing capabilities of finnex and current brand leds.

+1 on plant growth. I put a 48" Finnex Planted+ on my 75 gallon tank. There were bare stalks that I thought were dead and was just too lazy to take out. They sprouted new leaves not even a week after I installed the light. All my ludwigia and rotalas are side sprouting branches now.

That link was $105#,!?!; $, just get the ray 2 and leave us alone;)

Back
Top Bottom