Dwarf Gourami Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also the 2 tanks I have with the gouramis are 10 gallon community tanks, 2 males in each. Almost no aggression is shown unless the other goes into the others corner, which isn't often

I used to have a tank with 2 three spot Gouramis 2 dwarf Gouramis a Pleco and a kissing gourami that was my favorite tank ever

It's ok I wasn't going to gripe you out or any thing mine seemed peaceful and was just wanting to know if anyone has ever done it before

I have a 55g heavily planted tank & have 3 powder blue males, 2 red flame males, assorted honeys (4 males & 2 females), also 4 Pygmy honeys all males. These are in the same tank with corys, loaches, rednosed shrimp, bamboo shrimp, guppys, tertas, rasboras, balloon rams (males), & 2 female bettas. With the exception of the odd chase these guys all seem to get along. The rowdiest guys seem the be my male honeys. They don't like anyone coming into their little staked out territory. I only had a real problem with one gourami & had to evict him. It was my male pearl & he was great until he got to about 4" then he went after everyone in the tank. He was pretty tho

Live is always better. In the wild they live in under and around heavy vegetation. In both of my tanks mine spend a lot of their time guarding their territories, which are directly centered around the plants. They also sleep there and mine rest on the bigger leaves

I just got a dwarf honey subset gourami . For 29 gal .he is temp with my guppy fry tank to be qaurentined he is maybe inch big more or less . Wondering if safe to buy another one. To have for 29 gal

What do you feed yours ? Can I do frozen food that's all I have available or flake food

What do you feed yours ? Can I do frozen food that's all I have available or flake food

I use omega one flakes. They have a lot of fish. Avoid products where corn or other veggie is in the top 3 ingredients. I also give frozen brine shrimp and dried blood worms about once a week each for variation. They also love to pick at the mosses and algae growing in my tank

Do you think they would like algae wafers then ... I know my cory cats and my guppies like them and sodoes my snail and endler guppys In my 2.5 . my aqueous color enhancing tropical flakes has a gourami on it as a pic . Whole fish meal as 1st ingredient corn is 7th ingredient. plus I have omega one Betta flakes I don't give to Betta they won't eat it. I plan to buy some froze food wendsday or Tuesday when I'm paid

Do you think they would like algae wafers then ... I know my cory cats and my guppies like them and sodoes my snail and endler guppys In my 2.5 . my aqueous color enhancing tropical flakes has a gourami on it as a pic . Whole fish meal as 1st ingredient corn is 7th ingredient. plus I have omega one Betta flakes I don't give to Betta they won't eat it. I plan to buy some froze food wendsday or Tuesday when I'm paid

Mine never pay attention to them with any real interest, might pick at them a few times.

Could I keep a dwarf gourami with a couple platys in my 10g?
I specially bought my DG to eat platy fry, which it doesn't ! But anyways I have him and about 4 platys in a 20g and they all get along great, he sometimes nips around his favourite areas I'm the tank but otherwise they are buddies!

I have a dwarf gourami in a 60 gallon tank there used to be 2 now there is one one of my guppies was having a hard time swimming I moved it into a separated "net" and noticed the gourami kept going after the guppy who later on died .. I was told these were not aggressive fish and would be fine with other tropical fish? Was I given the wrong info?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a dwarf gourami in a 60 gallon tank there used to be 2 now there is one one of my guppies was having a hard time swimming I moved it into a separated "net" and noticed the gourami kept going after the guppy who later on died .. I was told these were not aggressive fish and would be fine with other tropical fish? Was I given the wrong info?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just as some people have posted you never know what you're going to get. I now stay away from dwarf gourami's due to bad situations. I finally gave in a year and a 1/2 ago and purchased 2 honey gourami (1 male an 1 female ). Then 6 months ago I was given a Keyhole cichlid as a baby and they all get along well. Yes I have a strange fish family. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom