Barney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to a 4 day dogshow over last weekend and well.......came home with a 4 year old italian greyhound named Barney...great little dog, hate the name...wish I could come up with something similar so as not to confuse him but it still be different.

If anyone has any ideas, tell me!

Just give him a name that you like. Give treats when ever you say it...He'll get the idea quickly enough.

Barclay
Barry
Barton
Bailey

Congrats on the new four legged addition to your family!

would love to see a pic of Barney you know we changed twiggys name three times and she took to each one started as bear then i would call her trouble bear so it switched to trouble then it was twiggy trouble 8O so she is twiggy trouble bear now we pretty much call her twig lol

she alwo will come to hippo hips and bubble butt for hubby :roll:

Whew, for a second there I thought you brought home a purple dinosaur ;)

sumphead said:
Could always use willaims idea and name him "waffle!"

What can I say?

I'm simple with names.

My cats name is Cat, my dogs name is Dog, my fish's names are collectively Fish.

I'm a simple man. 8)

this is nowhere near the name you're trying to wean him from, but wouldn't it be fun to name him "askim"?

"awww, he's soooo cute, whats his name?"

"askim"

many years ago, too many to recall, i visited an aunt in california, she had named a collie that. I thought it was great then too.

You must have a very nice house Hara *judging from that very high-class looking fabric ther*

Nice pup, to ^_^

he is wonderful thanks for posting the pic made my daughters day she thinks he is adorable too!!!

What a cutie with that regal colar!
From the pic, Barney looks little, or the bear is REALLY big :wink: Is there a difference between whippets and italian greyhounds? Sorry, I'm not a "dog person" :D

Barney is actually a little over size for an italian greyhound. IG's are bred down from full sized greyhounds. Whippets although similar in appearance are larger than IG's.

As for the collar, I actually made that one....used to make them for all my sighthounds. I dug that one out of the closet, it had been made to fit a basenji many years ago.

Totally off topic, but what is your opinion on Basenjis?? My fiance and I will one day get a dog....when we aren't renting. I met a Basenji and then researched the breed and spoke with a dog trainer, but she wasn't wild about them. I think it was due to stubbornness. I will always have cats and my fiance wants a dog to go on hikes with him (preferably one that can hold it's own pack :roll:). Personally, I want a smallish dog that's not noisy and likes to be around people.

Basenji's are a wonderful breed. As with all sighthounds, they can be stand offish to strangers, but are great with their own family. Trainers dont like sighthounds as a general rule as they take to training like a cat would. Not saying they are not intelligent, in fact, the opposite holds true. They are extremely intelligent and can outwit alot of owners. Once something is learned, it does stay learned. The key is getting the animal to accept the training without it knowing it is being trained ...like a kid watching sesame street I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom