Check out the new fish room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about travelling the world, delivering fish, making customers happy at .83 times the speed of sound?

After my led lights for my 10 29 and 40b, I was planning on building a jet. I'll let you know how it turns out :p

Well, diy will shave a bunch off. I'm planning on making it out of sticks, so that will reduce it even further. The engines will be taken out of a lawnmower :p

OHMAHGAWD!! I've always dreamed of having a fish room. I'm 20, and i live with my parents in my first year of college. When I am older, i want to live in this same house. I already have a scaled drawing of every bedroom and how I'm going to remodel them to fit my needs. The bedroom is very artsy and minimalistic, but the room right down the hall with a large window facing the sun is going to be my fish world room. Large tanks with tropical colorful fish lining the walls, and a big table built specifically to hold the tanks on it at different levels so they can all be seen, and one long dresser like table under the window to hold the food, gravel, air stones, rocks, extra props, etc. It's like my dream room. With a blue wall the same color as the tank water and a sand colored floor and soft white lighting all around the room in panels.Yes, that would be my favorite room of the house.

Last edited:
Some pics from this afternoon...

Corydoras arcuatus
DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

Longfin ABNs
DSC_0039.JPG

Clown loaches
DSC_0042.JPG

Peacock gudgeon
DSC_0043.JPG

I saw the peacock gudgeons on sale at petsmart once, before they stopped selling them.. very nice fish :)

Hyphessobrycon rosaceus is the tetra I think

Big news from this weekend... we picked up a used acrylic tank system! The bottom tank is 36x18 and is divided into 2 parts, and the top tank is 36x12 and divided into 3 parts. Each section in each tank has its own return, and there is a drain on the right side of each tank. The tanks are plumbed to an acrylic sump in the stand. I think the whole system holds about 80-100 gallons. The whole unit stands about 6 feet tall... it's really cool! 8)

Here are some pics of the test run, we are draining the system now so we can move it back against the wall.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

Back
Top Bottom