Check out the new fish room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're in Forsyth. Hope to be "open" soon. :)

Everything except for some minor punch list items are done. The floor is epoxied and drying. 8 PM tomorrow and we can start setting up racks and tanks. We're both bouncing off the walls. lol

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

That place is looking sweeet! It makes me want to visit! But Ga is a little far from NJ. :p

FINALLY, I know you guys were gonna do it but i was just waiting for the time. Looks nice and i will start working on the website and see if i can get something wipped up for a sample. lol. YAY.

Looking good! I can't wait to see it with the whole setup!!! You think NJ is far LOL, I would be driving for days! HAHA!

Just back from Depot with racks and assorted stuffs. Time for a bite and then the setup begins! :D

Not absolutely sure yet. The first phase (starting tonight) will be 30 or so tanks. Mostly 10s & 20s with a few 40 breeders. "How many" depends on how big and I'm not sure of the plan yet for the eventual SW section. I'm guessing we should be able to maintain around 2500G total when all is said and done. We'll see...

Whatcha gonna do with the 10 and 20g tanks? Inverts or other specialty stuff? 40g breeder tanks work well in shops for fish and corals. And how many separate systems? In other words, 1/2 of the tanks tied together without for coral (no copper), and the other with? Or maybe even a third with copper. Gotta be able to qt new stock and be able to treat I'm thinking.

And gotta have a plan to deal with the water you'll be sending with fish and coral purchase and how to auto top off.

Looks like fun!

so are you planning a central filtering system for all the fw tanks or will you have aquaclears on each tank?

The FW tanks are going to be primarily sponge filtered. Some of them (depending on individual stocking) will have ACs running as well. We want each tank to be effectively isolated from the others.

Wow, that looks really awesome!! Do you plan on having a show tank?

Those are in the house. :p

We'll probably put a display out there at some point. No idea what though.

Whatcha gonna do with the 10 and 20g tanks? Inverts or other specialty stuff? 40g breeder tanks work well in shops for fish and corals. And how many separate systems? In other words, 1/2 of the tanks tied together without for coral (no copper), and the other with? Or maybe even a third with copper. Gotta be able to qt new stock and be able to treat I'm thinking.

And gotta have a plan to deal with the water you'll be sending with fish and coral purchase and how to auto top off.

Looks like fun!

We're starting out with FW. The 10s and 20s are going to be breeding tanks for various fish. We have quite a few proven pairs and fry to move. The SW tanks will be 1/2 and 1/2. We're going to run 2 systems 1 fish, 1 coral. The coral system will go up first and start with a 48x48x12 tank. I haven't figured out those details yet though. lol

Thanks for the reminder. ATO is one of the biggest question marks left.

Auto top off... deal with evaporation to maintain stability.

I went looking for auto topoff plans for my 200g tank, but i'm finding i don't need one. in over 2 weeks with no top, this thing hasn't budged in salinity. i'll be doing a water change before I top this thing off. If the tank is big enough, I'm not sure I see the need.

Back
Top Bottom