Coming Attraction: my betta Voss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaChi

Aquarium Advice Regular
So on his way to me is my newest betta "Voss"!

Voss is a normal-sized, half-moon betta with dumbo ears. I love his albino/yellowish coloration. Very unique! :cool:

I think his colors will contrast beautiful to my other betta "Fiji" (who I just posted photos of in the "Show-off" section).

I included the video from the breeder. He is obviously the first fish shown. The all white albino was MUCH more expensive and I like a little more color in my fish!

Can't wait till he comes! :dance:

:fish2:

Attachments

• Voss1.jpg
    Voss1.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Voss2.jpg
    Voss2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 84
Hey!

He is here. As with most import fish he doesn't look exactly like photo which can happen as fish mature (weeks it took to get here) and travel stress. But he is healthy and I am going to feed him today and increase tank temp to see if that helps. I will use the betta exercise mirror as well to see if that helps bring the colors out of him.

Well guys, how long does a fish take to "de-stress" from shipping? My fish "Voss" looks nothing like the photo. After a few days no improvement and I am not happy. He looks like a peach color dumbo. Any ideas on how long it takes for fish to look normal post shipping?

I already got a $40 refund for him from seller (for which I am still out shipping) but he is claiming that when he received this fish from Thailand it looked like the above photos. He is also claiming that this is the correct fish!

I already got a $40 refund for him from seller (for which I am still out shipping) but he is claiming that when he received this fish from Thailand it looked like the above photos. He is also claiming that this is the correct fish!

If the seller gave you $40 back (I assume that was the fish's cost, outside of shipping?), I'd say let it go. The one you received looks pretty good to me.

The Fish cost was actually $55! So I now spent as much as a Petco fish on him ($15 is store price for "dumbo ear").

I am STILL out the shipping cost as well :ermm:

But perhaps you are right. Just not the color fish I wanted. When you have nicely designed tanks you really want them to be for a certain looking fish.

Back
Top Bottom