Corydora Mataes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally found my dream cories for an affordable price from Wetspot on Aquabid.com

I've literally been searching for either these or Melini's for months, everytime I found them they were too much for me to afford, or were out of stock, until this week!

The pictures are of them in their QT tank. Once the QT Is done, they'll be moved into a 28 gallon with some guppies and bettas.

These guys are wild caughts, so should I be taking care of them any differently than I would any other domesticated Cory species?

Attachments

• image-2334775568.jpg
    image-2334775568.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image-188004178.jpg
    image-188004178.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 122
I don't know about the care differences, but those are some gorgeous looking fish! I'm glad that you found them:)

Those are panda cories, right? If so I just got some yesterday, but they are still being shy, so I haven't seen them much, but when I saw them in the bag they looked great. Good luck with yours.

If you love corys (like everyone should cuz they're awesome) the you'll love this site

The genus Corydoras

I'm pretty sure those aren't Pandas tho. This black from the fin to the tail is solid & pandas look more like this one

View attachment 182987

Ohh True, and I see that with the picture that Oohitsae posted, their is a black stripe going from the top fin to the tail. the pandas don't have that

My lfs caries that fish but I don't own any. I read that this species will sometimes release a toxic substance when stressed.

They never get them around here either. The first time I saw them I spent months trying to figure out what type of Cory it even was lol

Found some a few weeks ago while I was down in Columbus, but the price they were asking was rediculous, so I started e-mailing around and finally found out through another breeder that there were a couple auctions on Aquabid for them.

Wetspot still has auctions up for both Melini (False Bandit) and Metae (Bandit) if anyone is interested. Great price! They will expect you to go with overnight shipping on them though.
There is also another auction for Metae that I saw earlier today who I think is asking the same price as wetspot, but I believe does priority shipping.

Finally found my dream cories for an affordable price from Wetspot on Aquabid.com

I've literally been searching for either these or Melini's for months, everytime I found them they were too much for me to afford, or were out of stock, until this week!

The pictures are of them in their QT tank. Once the QT Is done, they'll be moved into a 28 gallon with some guppies and bettas.

These guys are wild caughts, so should I be taking care of them any differently than I would any other domesticated Cory species?
Aww man I'm jealous I've been wanting some bandit cories I currently have 4 pandas would so love to add 3 bandits and 2 juli corys but am saving the last of my room for a pair of apistos. Beautiful looking fish by the way.

You should get them! They are much cooler than any of the apisto's I have! But at the same time, I've been wanting these for a long time and all the apistos were more impulse buys than anything lol

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure but when the fish is chased, it releases a toxic substance like the marine soap fish. If the water is replaced quickly, the fish survives and probably won't act up again.

Yeah, just read up on it. I guess it's really common when they ship or they are with aggressive fish that might want to have them for breakfast.
It doesn't seem like it's a big threat in community tanks though luckily.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye out just in case!

Nice fish. I was going to get some but I was afraid of stressing them. That's why if I end up getting them or any other self poisoning species, I'll go to a different pet store that way I won't be the one chasing the fish. I work at an LFS so catching fish was always very nerve wrecking.

According to that article I read, it's actually better to chase them and wear em out a bit so they work all that poison out in a larger body of water, then have a bag of fresh water to move them into or something.
Google corydora metea and it should be the first article if you care to find out

I once had a beautiful cory. Probably the best I've ever seen! I honestly can't remember the name :( I've had pandas and bred them, along with I had true black venezuelan cores. Unfortunately I lost interest and lost all the cores but two :( here is one i currently have

Attachments

• image-313485480.jpg
    image-313485480.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom