New Polypterus senegalus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruitbat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well....after resisting Polypterus senegalus and Polypterus ornatipinnis in my lfs for months....I finally saw one today that I just HAD to have!! It is a baby Polypterus senegalus about 3 inches long. My favorite lfs got in a whole tank full of them....about 30 or so. I looked and drooled and told myself that I really don't have any place to put one. Proud of my strength of will....I walked away from the tank. Two tanks down was a lone Polypterus. A closer look and all my willpower disappeared right down the ol' filter tube.

My new aquisition is an ALBINO Polypterus senegalus and his color is exquisite!!! I'll get some pictures as soon as I can....this just gives me more incentive to get that 72 gallon bow-front that I've had my eyes on for the last couple of months!!!!! YAY!!!

Oh...and I also picked up a gorgeous Aponogeton natans, an Asian species, to replace the Aponogeton ulvaceus that I have in my 26 gallon. Now if I can just find something to replace the Anubias in that tank I'll finally have all Asian plants to go along with my Asian fish!!

One look at those little froggy faces..how can you resist..and they beg so cutely. Mine is a real chow hound, he now gulps 3-5 neon size baby gobies or a whole shrimp worth of meat. Mine looks like a senegal but is a bichir-bichir (nile bichir). And I know his parents were monsters over 30. Well, one parent is. The other is just under.
He is a great jumper (I feed him by stick now ^_^) and a very active fellow.

Congratulations, Fruitbat! I can't wait to see pics - of him in his new 72gal bow.... 8)

Here's the new girl (probably) exploring her temporary home. Isn't she a cutie!!!??

psenegalusalbino2.jpg

psenegalusalbino3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom