Please post info on Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James10797

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting another 10 gallon tank. I have decided to do Tetras this time. Its just a normal 10 Gal with a filter and stuff. I am just asking for any advice about Tetras. Like whats the best type of tetra, so on and so forth. So post any ifo ya got. Thank you :) !

um i think this should be under freshwater general or getting started. this is section is for showing off fish you bought recently. hopefully a mod will move it for you

what kind of tetras? its a really large group of fish what goes for one species doesnt always apply for the other kind.

For what it's worth, tetras like lots of swim room, so a 10gal is a little tight to do a tetra tank-- it'll work, but they'd love a 20 long. You'll be restricted to a school of smaller types of tetras in a 10g.

"Best" type is totally subjective... neons are often fairly weak, though.

The bleeding heart tetras are cool. I have a few. They do well in schools and swim nearer to the top of the tank... But I'm fairly new at this so...

The only tetras i would put in a ten would be a sm school of neons. Tetras like a lot of swimming room.

Glo-lights look pretty cool, too, and they are small. Or, if you have the funds for shipping fees, check out some of the rasboras on this sight: Nano-Fish

Towards the bottom are some really cool looking fish!!!

Back
Top Bottom