125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never owned one. I asked my LFS( who are very awesome, experienced, and knowledgable) to order me one, which they could have, but they said that they would warn me away from it. I believed one of them had one before. I wanted one badly, but took their advice.

Also, they get up to a foot long, and are recommended to be in at least a 180.

Elude82 said:
I have never owned one. I asked my LFS( who are very awesome, experienced, and knowledgable) to order me one, which they could have, but they said that they would warn me away from it. I believed one of them had one before. I wanted one badly, but took their advice.

See thats the direction im headed. Im a firm believer in that one shouldnt buy fish that tey cant house at full size. And although im one to take chances when it come to sw, it seems as though this isnt worth the risk. Im gonna stick with a different trigger (assasi or picasso). I already have the niger trigger in with my snowflake clown and 2 yellow belly kupang damsels, so the 2nd trigger will prob be going in sometime soon ( to avoid trigger on trigger fighting)

It sucks! I take chances too, but occasionally listen at times. I've seen tanks with 3 different triggers, but I they don't get along, I don't have an extra tank big enough to house the other. Because I would also love to have a red coris wrasse, but can't because of the fear that my Lunar Wrasse will destroy it. Darn SW water in SW crime!!!! Lol

huma-huma said:
Im just wondering, has anyone had any personal experience with the undulated? I dont think ive ever actually talked to someone thats kept one. (bad sign ?? Lol)

Ohh and the stand is finally secured to the wall braces and seems to be working very well.

Hurry up and get the lion fish!! LOL!

Im hurrying!! I have a slight attention problem so instead of coming home from work and filling my tank with water, i went and helped my brother work on his new car ( yeah i know). Needless to say i didnt put a single gallon of water in my tamk

huma-huma said:
Im hurrying!! I have a slight attention problem so instead of coming home from work and filling my tank with water, i went and helped my brother work on his new car ( yeah i know). Needless to say i didnt put a single gallon of water in my tamk

FAIL!!! LOL! I'm kidding!!! What's the fastest you've ever cycled a tank?

nikki_kaiser said:
FAIL!!! LOL! I'm kidding!!! What's the fastest you've ever cycled a tank?

Well ive never really pedaled a war machine before.

No but seriously ive never had to go more than a week or so. I love having friends in this hobby

Just got done adding salt. I wasnt about to use 2-5g buckets to fill this monster, so i instead grabbed 25-30 ft of ribbed tubing, filled my tub up, and used my skimmer pump to fill the 125. (fron 2 rooms away). Seriously though this skimmer pump is still shocking me everyday. I have it sitting on its side in the front right corner of the tank and its making ripples in the back left corner behind the overflow box. Now in waiting for the salt to mix thoroughly and im gonna check the salinity and see where im at. Hoping to get everything in tonight. Atleast the sand and live rock

Attachments

• image-3836582160.jpg
    image-3836582160.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 140
Well the day has come!! The 125 is officially up and running! Its not filled all the way because i still need to finalize the plumbing and buy that return pump. Jesse, i was gonna go with one of the pumps you suggested but luckily someone contacted me about a mag 18. Cant pass up 80 bucks for a like new mag 18. So far we have 4 fish in the tank.
Niger trigger
Snowflake clown
2- kupang damsels
Gonna start really diggin in and gettin this stock list sorted out

Attachments

• image-230226484.jpg
    image-230226484.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 140
cant beat a good deal. how did your trick to help reduce the wobble work out?

its got to put a smile on your face to see your tank coming along. it does mine to see it.

coffeetwitch said:
cant beat a good deal. how did your trick to help reduce the wobble work out?

its got to put a smile on your face to see your tank coming along. it does mine to see it.

It seems to be working out amazingly. Took almost all the wobble out pf the tank. Cant wait to spend an hour or two scaping it

It's great that everything is working out! How are all the tankmates? I picked up a new one today at my LFS. Can you guess this one?

image-229544875.jpg

Couldn't resist!!!

Attachments

• image-3144884755.jpg
    image-3144884755.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 176
  • image-1236970393.jpg
    image-1236970393.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image-4064487595.jpg
    image-4064487595.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-4161786637.jpg
    image-4161786637.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3283706736.jpg
    image-3283706736.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 136
Well there is a foxface in there and a valentini puffer. I know thats some sort of wrasse but honestly dont know which one without googling

Oh and the niger trigger didnt make it:( dont know why but im upset. Going to talk to my lfs about it. Havent even had him 5 days. I will be getting him replaced, whether they like it or not

Nu Nu, I am shocked that you wouldn't know! Lol it's a Red Coris Wrasse. I didn't know either, because I only seen them as a juvenile, was shocked it was the same fish!!! Google it, it's one of those fish, that you would pass up as a Juvenile regularly. He is my substitute for a Harlequin Tusk! Lol until I can see myself forking out $200 for one, this is the most colorful one I can compare it to. I love him! I was afraid my Lunar wrasse would tear him to shreds, but had an upperhand?!?! Yesterday, my LFS got a lunar wrasse in. I was BSing with the owner, because he was deciding where was a safe spot to stick the Lunar. He decided to put him in with the red coris, although they were the same shape and size. I told him if that red coris is still alive in the next day I would grab it. So I go in there today, not see the red coris. I asked the owner, and jokingly he said, I hope he's alive, but my be in two pieces underneath the sand( where the sleep and hide). I was about to leave and VOILA!!!! the red coris wrasse!!! The red is doing great so far, and the Lunar is now acting more like a wrasse!( playing in the sand) I guess to impress it! Lol and

I am sorry to hear about the Niger!!!!! they are usually pretty hardy!

Everyone say hi to Dumbo, Dumbo say hi to everyone. (yes we name our fish, hate me for it lol) the manager at my lfs was extremely understanding and actually replaced him. Wasnt expecting it o go so smoothly but it did:) hes currently in the tank and has wuickly made friends with the clown. So we now have teams.
Team damsels and team trigger/clown

Attachments

• image-379034744.jpg
    image-379034744.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image-81731921.jpg
    image-81731921.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom