125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
i use a pry bar and a block of wood as a fulcrum. ive lifted the end of a full 125 this way to level by my self.

Dont have a crowbar.... Ship yours to me?

New tank mate!! Picked up a niger trigger (2in) for 23 bucks. So the stocklist is taking to take shape
So far we have
Snowflake clownfish
Niger trigger

We are looking at
Blonde naso tang
sailfin tang-desjardini
Some form of puffer(blue spot/valentini)
Lionfish (volitan or devil)
Another trigger(picasso/assasi/clown)
2 bottom dwellers (prob an engineer goby and a tiger wardi/ diamond goby)

Obviously in not trying to have all of these. But these are the majority of the fish that have made the cut. The only 2 that are shoe ins are the lionfish and puffer. Everything else is up for discussion

Believe me, skip the picasso or clown trigger. I lost mine a couple months ago and it really sucked when he was killed. Literally teared apart.

Ibrahim said:
Believe me, skip the picasso or clown trigger. I lost mine a couple months ago and it really sucked when he was killed. Literally teared apart.

In order for me to skip them, viable options must be presented as well;)

And as a side note... Why in the world does petcos site have tangs listed at 55+?!? thats def not safe at all for hobbyists

Ibrahim.... What on earth was able to tear apart your Huma aka Picasso trigger? That's a pretty darn tough fish!!!!

Elude82 said:
Ibrahim.... What on earth was able to tear apart your Huma aka Picasso trigger? That's a pretty darn tough fish!!!!

No, my huma teared apart my lionfish. Trigger was 5-6" and lion was 15".

I would disagree, I'd skip the lionfish. Yeah they are pretty, and a lot of people have them, but in my opinion they are boring, just floating around.. The life of the party is my Huma aka Picasso. He is always active! I have a lionfish, but it is a Fu Manchu. But, I am bias to my trigger, because he is what made me want to start my aggressive tank. Lol
Here is the lineup of my aggressives:
1. Fu Manchu lionfish
2. Maroon Clown
3. Huma Huma Aka Picasso trigger
4. Lunar Wrasse
5. Foxface Lo
6. Valentini Puffer
7. Blood Red Hawkfish( which I think is the best looking Hawkfish species)
8. Spotted Grouper( which I added last night)

Also, I had a Scooter Blenny( I know weird, but the others didn't mess with him) but last week I put him in my community tank.

And, yes, I know that seems like a lot for a predator tank, but I got them all as juveniles, and I stay on top of frequent water changes, and the parameters. I will be upgrading to at least a 200 gallon tank in the near future. My fish are happy, and they all get along. Although every new comet, must go through my Hawkfish's approval!!!! Lol

Ibrahim said:
No, my huma teared apart my lionfish. Trigger was 5-6" and lion was 15".

Are you absolutely sure it was him?? I find it hard to believe a 5-6" trigger terrorized a full grown 15" lion.

In terms of ditching the lion, thats not a possibility. He is the reason i got into salty and why i pushed so hard to rebuil this tank. Hes an automatic

100%. I saw him ripping off his spines then eating it. I tried catching him but by the time I did the lion was already on the verge of death.

Ibrahim said:
100%. I saw him ripping off his spines then eating it. I tried catching him but by the time I did the lion was already on the verge of death.

Heard of triggers doing this. Told twitch about this and even gave him the article. They say blue jaws, pink tails, and one other usually doesn't.

Well just got the news!! The mag 18 shall be the return pump. Looks like danner had 2 versions of the mag 18 (indoor model and pond model, which is slightly wider). So this one will fit. She wants 100 but imma see if she will take 80

Kio707 said:
Heard of triggers doing this. Told twitch about this and even gave him the article. They say blue jaws, pink tails, and one other usually doesn't.

Yep another good one is the bursa trigger. But another aggressive one would be an undulate or queen trigger.

Just passed up an undulated trigger at 21 bucks:( coulda got him for 12 considering i have 10 off.... Really wishin i wouldve now

huma-huma said:
Just passed up an undulated trigger at 21 bucks:( coulda got him for 12 considering i have 10 off.... Really wishin i wouldve now

U made the right choice. Those guys are super aggressive. IMO

As much as I wanted to have another trigger, I crossed an undulated off my list. I think they are Amazing looking, but they make Humas look like gold fish!!! Lol I wanted to do a tank of just triggers, but they get bigger than I want. And get more aggressive as they age. The only thing I didn't like about a Bursa I once had and returned was the fact that it would constantly bite my live rock! But it was a very personal fish! A lot of character, just not as vibrant as other triggers.

Elude82 said:
As much as I wanted to have another trigger, I crossed an undulated off my list. I think they are Amazing looking, but they make Humas look like gold fish!!! Lol I wanted to do a tank of just triggers, but they get bigger than I want. And get more aggressive as they age. The only thing I didn't like about a Bursa I once had and returned was the fact that it would constantly bite my live rock! But it was a very personal fish! A lot of character, just not as vibrant as other triggers.

Really? Mine was really active but never hurt a thing. Another fish I liked was the Mexican rock wrasse. Really nice streamers and color.

Im just wondering, has anyone had any personal experience with the undulated? I dont think ive ever actually talked to someone thats kept one. (bad sign ?? Lol)

Ohh and the stand is finally secured to the wall braces and seems to be working very well.

Back
Top Bottom