125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to give credit. She supports me 100% with my fish obsession. Shes jokingly told me i need to go to fishys anonymous but i told her the real name pf this forum is aquariums anonymous, not aquarium advice

I have to give credit. She supports me 100% with my fish obsession. Shes jokingly told me i need to go to fishys anonymous but i told her the real name pf this forum is aquariums anonymous, not aquarium advice

My wife supports me but she thinks im a bit obsessive

What about a crosshatch trigger? Yes they are insanely expensive but ive always wanted one

This would be a very serious investment. If i get around to doing it, my parameters would have to be perfect. And stable.

Clam!?! What clam?? Once my leds get here and i get a good handle on coral care, im going to shoot for a clam. But thats a way off

I already have a massive derasa, but I ran into a black and white maxima. Should be around an inch, but I just couldn't help this addition. Always wanted one.

Oh I will. I got the derasa after failed at keeping a small gold maxima. Scaled down the difficulty and ready to step it up again. I want to set up a clam tank, at least in my dreams. At least one of each type of clam.

Just looked up crosshatch trigger.. VERY cool. How much do they go for?

Yeah...it's got to be a Tusk. The Angel would be my second choice. I want both in my 240g eventually (the Chevron too)...good taste! :)

Cichlidjon said:
Been sick for a while huma how's the family in the tank? I vote tusk all the way!

Been doing great!! Theres a mysterious bully in my tank. The trigger, angel, both clowns and the yellow tang have small pieces of tail missing. Ironically enough the damsels are the only ones perfectly fine. Gonna keep an eye on it and if it gets worse in going to seperate them. other than that everyone is great!! Howd everyone in your tank doing? Hopefully they are healthy. Im torn between the angel and tusk. The crosshatch is 500-600. Just a bit too much for this tank. Once we move into a bigger house in the next 1.5 years, the 400 will become the main tank and then perhaps the crosshatch will join us

If i were you, I would get rid of the damsels immeadiatly . They get extremely aggresive and can move fast. They will bully other fish, despite their tiny size. It is very hard to catch them, so I would also do more observing to see if its maybe another fish. Good luck!

JAKEPIN said:
If i were you, I would get rid of the damsels immeadiatly . They get extremely aggresive and can move fast. They will bully other fish, despite their tiny size. It is very hard to catch them, so I would also do more observing to see if its maybe another fish. Good luck!

You are 100% right, and ive been battling the misses to get rid of them, however, the excellent point she brought up was that they dont nag other fish consistantly and have done nothing wrong. We came to an agreement that they stay as long as they are on good behavior. The most ive ever seen them do is tia, (named them tia and tamara) likes to tail slap random fish from time to time. More of an annoyance than anything

I completely agree. What I would do is bait them to a side of the tank, when you can put a divider. That will help u keep them in one area. Also, remove any live rock and decor in the area. That will help you catch them if necessary. Btw, what other fish do u have in the tank?

JAKEPIN said:
I completely agree. What I would do is bait them to a side of the tank, when you can put a divider. That will help u keep them in one area. Also, remove any live rock and decor in the area. That will help you catch them if necessary. Btw, what other fish do u have in the tank?

I worked at a fish store for awhile so i consider myself a fish netting expert lol. I use about 5 nets when catching them. Damsels arent too bad for me. Heres my stock list.
1-niger trigger
1 yellow tang
1 lieutenant tang
2 blue devil damsels
1 valentini puffer
1 snowflake clown
1 yellow stripe maroon
1 flame angel
1 marine betta
1 dragon wrasse
1 banded dragon goby

Ok. This sounds like a semi aggresive tank. I have the same setup with a 100 gallon with a blue hippo tang, porcupine puffer, dogface puffer, and humu humu trigger. According to your stock list, I would think that damsels are the culprit. Maybe the Niger trigger also.wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom