125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Outside the reverse flow issue (which hydor fixed for free, free of charge) they have performed flawlessly from day 1. They have a smooth wider flow. If i wasnt going with the Jebao wp40, id be picking up bigger koralias. Heck if the jebao doesnt hold up, ill be buying koralias again. I cant speak good enough about hydor and their powerheads. Ill def be buying more koralias down the road.

Outside the reverse flow issue (which hydor fixed for free, free of charge) they have performed flawlessly from day 1. They have a smooth wider flow. If i wasnt going with the Jebao wp40, id be picking up bigger koralias. Heck if the jebao doesnt hold up, ill be buying koralias again. I cant speak good enough about hydor and their powerheads. Ill def be buying more koralias down the road.

Whats a good gph circulation for a 36g bowfront?

depends on what you are planning on keeping. (coral-wise if any). if you are planning a fowlr tank (no coral) 10-15x turnover would work. (360-540 gph) 20-30x for softies (720-1,080gph) 40-50x for sps (1,440-1,800 gph) those numbers will vary from person to person, but its a good start. I personally, considering mines a 125, those numbers would be insanely higher.

Tank cleaning day!! Heres some before shots

Attachments

• image-887455224.jpg
    image-887455224.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3921687945.jpg
    image-3921687945.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image-323923110.jpg
    image-323923110.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 99
Sniperhank said:
Do you clean the glass that is under the sand? I member want to disturb it.

I personally do, but only because its a bigger tank. If it was a smaller tank ( under prob 40g) i wouldnt. The risk of releasing toxins would be too great.

If it bothers you too much, just do quarter sections at a time. Or even one pane of glass. That way you can get it cleaned without the stress of possibly hurting anything

Looking back, i widh that i had gone with the 1050's instead of the 750's but thats my error. At this point, i would def buy koralias in the future if the need arises. Only thing i dont like is that they arent variable speed. They can be plugged into wavemakers, however their intensity cant be varied.

After shots once the water cleared up

Attachments

• image-3877728707.jpg
    image-3877728707.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-275028469.jpg
    image-275028469.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3628294455.jpg
    image-3628294455.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 81
Oh and the angel finished up treatment and has become a member of the dt once again. After about 2.5 days she started showing signs of healing and by day 4 she was back to normal. Have to give credit to the wifey because she noticed the eye within 12 hours of it developing

@red thank you for the compliments:) i too am glad our newest member is back to health.

Sniper, wish you would have said something, def would be up for fish discussion over lunch.

And jon, she is turning out to be quite the fishy assistant

Oh and the angel finished up treatment and has become a member of the dt once again. After about 2.5 days she started showing signs of healing and by day 4 she was back to normal. Have to give credit to the wifey because she noticed the eye within 12 hours of it developing

Wife can be good sometimes when they behave

Ashley73 said:
Wife can be good sometimes when they behave

When they behave lol. We are edging closer to the much anticipated phase 2 upgrade!!! New skimmer is picked out, powerhead is decided, already dropped a few new fish in (angel, puffer, tang), apex lite controller will be joining the tank as well, along with led lights.

Ive decided to fill my time in with a few side projects ive been wanting to do for awhile. I cut 2 more shelves for left side of the stand, also drilled out a nifty lil test tube holder and mounted it on the middle door. My goal is to have all my necessary equip. (short of buckets and syphon hose) under my tank but not sitting in what lil open space there is on the left side of the stand. Think im going to leave the 5g chi tank in there for a hospital/ qt tank.

So ive been thinking about the showpiece fish. I am considering an aussie tusk but id like some alternatives. I currently have the lieutenant tang and yellow tang, would a chevron tang be out of the question?

So ive been thinking about the showpiece fish. I am considering an aussie tusk but id like some alternatives. I currently have the lieutenant tang and yellow tang, would a chevron tang be out of the question?

Go the Harlequin Tusk. Mine is very cool( Just be sure to get an aussie one). Id gladly have paid more the $89.95 AUD for him. Heaps of personality, he loves the new tank and the extra powerhead. He is riding the current around the tank at the moment like a madman on steroids. When i get up close to the tank he comes over to have a got at me hitting his teeth against the glass then just swims away. Watches everything i do. Swims very close to me also when my hands are in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom