125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to use my dual-bulb t5 fixture from the refugium for now. Prob going to put a single led fixture over it at spme point

a quick pic of the green polyps. going to give the other corals the night to settle in before any photos.
1374333_10202104501160228_2054130872_n.jpg

Thank you. He gave me 6 frags total. Of which i know 2. These polyps and a pulsing Zenia. Will upload photos of each one in a bit. Best part was they were free!!

thank you for the heads up. ironically enough he told me the same thing when he gave me the frag. heres the remaining shots of the other frags. if you or anyone else could id them, please do. id appreciate it.
1378702_10202105188537412_846779368_n.jpg

1380512_10202105188497411_1122621198_n.jpg

Also bought 5 lb baserock that im going to cut into pieces and attach the frags to. Figured id give them a few days to make sure they like the flow/light

thank you for the heads up. ironically enough he told me the same thing when he gave me the frag. heres the remaining shots of the other frags. if you or anyone else could id them, please do. id appreciate it.

I can id for you. First pic is " frag 1" and second pic is " frag 2". Don't thank me.

Orange is either some sort of receding chalice or a scroll coral.
Second are palys
Third looks like a hollywood stunner chalice
Fourth is an sps that I'm not familiar with...looks like maybe an acro of some sort...

Ashley73 said:
What do you cut base rock with?

Im using the tried and true screwdriver and hammer method. The plan is to get these onto rock so they can start spreading. And sniper, thank you for id'ing them. He told me when i was there but i quickly forgot.

Fish day!!! Although we came home with a few goodies, i completely forgot coral glue. We ended up picking up 2 decently sized blue/green chromis, a bag of live brine shrimp (for the mandarin), and a bottle of pods. They had smaller chromis available but i figured its best to error on the side of caution and go with the bigger ones. As for the mandarin, i soaked the brine in Selcon before feeding them to the mandarin. That was 5 minutes ago and hes still hunting these bad boys down. Being that he is eating the live brine, im going to setup the 5g tank and put the pods in there. Hopefully they will be able to sustain a reliable population

Sniperhank said:
Nice! I wish I could get live food like that here.

It was desperately needed. The mandarin was eating frozen brine but he was nt filling up on them. So now i have a decent amount of brine shrimp (im ordering a brine hatch kit in a bit) but i also have backup pods as well

Update!! Purple tang is back in the dt, yellow tang is in qt for 4-5 days for an attitude adjustment. Watched the mandarin eat prob 10-15 brine shrimp. Havent decided what to do next. My options right now are 1) fill the 5g chi tank and put the bottle of pods in there OR 2) remove damsels from refugium and put pods there. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom