150 Gallon tankmates? ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys just want some advice on what are some really cool fish to put in my tank? ATM I have 2 clowns, 5 Chromis , 3 Damsels and some snails. Pretty boring but it's my first Saltwater Tank Been going for three months and all testing is perfect. So just need some experienced advice from anyone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Since it's fowlr I'd do a non reef safe wrasse like a paddle in or male bird wrasse. Dragon wrasses are cool too. Giving suggestions is hard because we don't know what you like

Thanks but I'm up for anything, just a variety that hopefully wont kill eachother. The more colour the better. Also need to add some expert clean up crew. Any suggestions ?

I would first get rid of the damsels you have, they are nadty little buggers and can bully fish much larger than them stressing them to death sometimes. Look into some of the smaller tangs like yellow eye kole tang or a hawaiian yellow tang. Maybe a niger trigger. A nice wrasse would be nice. I have a dog face puffer and he is my favorite fish, he has so much personality. There are so many different fish you could get im just suggesting ones i like. You could put a bice angel in there depending on which you like.

Thanks. Do you know anything about clean up crew. Some good looking shrimp or crabs that shouldn't bother my fish?

Awesome just had a look at the foxface rabbit. Definitely in. Please keep them coming

Scopes tang? Fox face are poisonous so if you get it be careful.

Yeah that looks great too. What about the Mandarin fish ?

They are really picky eaters and need to be in an environment with lots of pods. Tank should be up for 9 months before adding them.

Ok thanks. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Ok thanks. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Yes, one small bit of advice, take it or leave it..... Unless you are absolutely, positively, 100 percent SURE that you're going to leave it a FOWLR, stick with reef safe fish. I've seen it happen many times where a FOWLR is set up, then someone gets the idea of "maybe I'll try an easy low-light soft coral", only to realize they need to get a certain non-reef safe fish out to do so, and winds up tearing their tank apart in the process just to get that one little bastard out.....

I second the wrasse idea.. I've always preferred mystery and Christmas wrasses personally.. Chevron tangs are nice if you can find them.. Given any thoughts to inverts??

Oh, and as for CUC, I strongly recommend zebra hermits.. Don't get too big, not aggressive, and pretty cheap..

Yes I have but being so inexperienced I am up for any suggestions

If you're gonna get non reef safe fish a cuc will not last long. I'd probably get. Long nose hawkfish for that tank.

Awesome just had a look at the foxface rabbit. Definitely in. Please keep them coming

You'll definitely love the foxface :) be careful not to touch the spines underneath his stomach/ on his back because they are poisonous, but you shouldn't have any problems with this.

I have a reef tank so I don't know a lot of non-reef safe fish but i personally love tangs like the yellow tank or kole tank! I also love lyretail anthias, they are beautiful fish and they school too! On the non-reef safe side eels are really cool and lionfish would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom