180g fowlr stocking. What would you stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmann

Aquarium Advice Freak
189g FOWLR tank. How would you stock this tank?. Only thing is a black volitan lion.

I would maybe go for porcupine puffer, picasso trigger, powder blue tang, emperor Anglefish?

If you currently have a black volitan you should stay away from puffers , triggers and even angels. They all tend to bite the spines off lions and kill them. More so the trigger and puffers than the angels. My 180 stocking is a naso tang, white cheek tang, emperor angel and, porcupine puffer.

So I guess my next question is what would you out with the lion fish. I'm thinking yellow tang, naso tang, a harlequin tusk, and a snow flake eel,

I would really love to do a puffer if some kind, a Koran angel, and a Picasso trigger but I heard Rey all nip at fins

should be ok with the two I think but tangs can be quite teratorial espically if any are the same shape and or colour. harlequin tusks are nice fish! maybe a butterfly or a foxface would go well in with what you are already looking at but make sure you'd be buying adult size fish with the lion and the snowflake. tbh though I have not had huge amount of expenience with lions but have seen plenty of threads on different websites with picasso triggers and procupine puffers living with lionfish may be worth popping a message to elude82 as he keeps a picasso trigger, lionfish and valentini puffer together

Ya know? I really would like to do a Picasso trigger and a pufferfish. But have heard of fun nipping with the lions. If anyone else can advise me that would be great. Thanks

IMO mixing these particular fish can be done on a short term basis. I don't think 4-5 years down the line it's going to work. So if your ok with taking the chance of you lion getting killed then go for it. Me personally I would rather suggest more compatible fish for you and set you up for long term success instead of saying yea it perfectly fine and have your fish suffer later on down the road.Jmo

Back
Top Bottom