20g fuzzy dwarf lion tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously fishman? You have been suggested by about 10 people to NOT do this for all valid reasons yet you still seem set on doing it. 20 gallon isn't an acceptable tank for a dwarf lion fish period. What happens in April when your parents still wont allow you to get a bigger tank for it and it has to sit in there for a year or more?

But whatever. It doesn't matter what anyone else says you're gonna do it regardless. Have fun

I asked my mom, she says if i have the money than i can do it but all i have right now is enough for the filtration, heating, and other supplys. I need some time to find a 40b for a good price, my lfs has a bunch of used tanks for cheap so i will have to search around there.

I asked my mom, she says if i have the money than i can do it but all i have right now is enough for the filtration, heating, and other supplys. I need some time to find a 40b for a good price, my lfs has a bunch of used tanks for cheap so i will have to search around there.

Here's a crazy thought. Why don't you just wait until april to get it?

I agree ^ you are very impatient! Just wait til April to do it right the first time - you will be wasting your money, time and effort rushing into it now. I don't know about you all but the thought of moving or upgrading tanks is a nightmare to me! And your currently setting up a 60g reef? Is this your first saltwater tank? If so then why not make the 60 the lions home? No reef. No one has really mentioned it but power filters and canisters are not recommended for saltwater tanks, have a bit of a read of some of the articles on here about the different types of filtration for salt tanks. My one regret when setting up my 55 is not having it drilled for a sump. Research before rushing in!

I agree ^ you are very impatient! Just wait til April to do it right the first time - you will be wasting your money, time and effort rushing into it now. I don't know about you all but the thought of moving or upgrading tanks is a nightmare to me! And your currently setting up a 60g reef? Is this your first saltwater tank? If so then why not make the 60 the lions home? No reef. No one has really mentioned it but power filters and canisters are not recommended for saltwater tanks, have a bit of a read of some of the articles on here about the different types of filtration for salt tanks. My one regret when setting up my 55 is not having it drilled for a sump. Research before rushing in!

No, this is not my first. I have a 37g mix reef aswell. Found out the the tanks are used for reptiles... I guess i wont be getting the lion. For christmas i am gonna get a 40b and start from there! Agree it would be stressful for me and the fish too. I will start a new thread once ive gotten the tank :). Thanks for all your help!

No, this is not my first. I have a 37g mix reef aswell. Found out the the tanks are used for reptiles... I guess i wont be getting the lion. For christmas i am gonna get a 40b and start from there! Agree it would be stressful for me and the fish too. I will start a new thread once ive gotten the tank :). Thanks for all your help!

Good and responsible choice! Good luck!

It would have to be pretty big already so it doesn't get eaten, but at least they don't get much over a foot long as far as I have seen. I would have a few inches of sand in the bottom for it because they do like to burrow a bit.

It would have to be pretty big already so it doesn't get eaten, but at least they don't get much over a foot long as far as I have seen. I would have a few inches of sand in the bottom for it because they do like to burrow a bit.

Alright, will do.

I have a 12g sump on the 60, but its a bit of a hassle to drill the tank and plumb it.

Alright, here is my stock list for the 40b-
1 Fuzzy dwarf lion
1 Engineer goby
1 Falco hawkfish

Would this work out?

I will have a deep sand bed for the goby, 2-3 inches. And plenty of rock for the hawk fish and lion. Around 50lbs. I will be useing an aquaclear 50 on this tank and a skimmer (not decided yet)

I read a little bit and found that engineer gobys like to be in groups, could i do 2? With the fish i want? (dwarf fuzzy,falco hawk)

Least you have your 60, use th money on that and make it even better

Least you have your 60, use th money on that and make it even better

Yeah, i guess it is better this way, and the lfs said they could give me a good deL on a 40b once ive got the space and time for one. But thats a dream ATM lol

Back
Top Bottom