92 gallon corner fowlr aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gansettguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All. Looking for stocking recommendations for a 92-gallon corner tank, fowlr aggressive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please note, I don't want to have to bring fish back once they get too big for the tank so am looking to stock it with fish where that won't happen. thanks!

Hi welcome to the forum. :)

Were you thinking large aggressive fish lions and eels? Or just aggressive as in not friendly fish? lol

I keep a 90g fowlr aggressive tank with mostly wrasses. :) They dont get too too big for the most part and are extremely active. The pretty red and orange ones are generally the reef ones but the larger and more mean and sleek looking ones are the nasty not friendly types.

Thank you!

I was thinking something along the lines of lions, triggers, etc. but know that many of them require very large tanks.

ok, so smaller aggressive fish would work well. I recommend a couple wrasses, since you wont be getting the monster aggressive guys, they can hold their own with smaller guys.
I would think a tang would be in order too, not one that gets over a foot but another type, like a yellow or tomini. So many tangs to chose from lol

You can probably do an eel too, they dont require that much swim room, just room for them to chill out. :)
My passion is reef so I'm sorry I can't be much more help.

Wrasse suggestions or other

Anyone have any suggestions on a couple of wrasses for this set-up? What about a snowflake eel, a russel's lion (or radiata / mombasa), a bennet's sharnose puffer (or saddle valentini / spotted / blue spotted), a yellow tang and some sort of wrasse?

Take caution with puffers as they have a tendency to nip the fins of lionfish. I also wanted a lion, but decided I like the porcupine puffers more, so I sided with that :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Understood

My tank isn't big enough for a porcupine puffer so I was thinking one of the smaller types. Do the non "fat puffers" also nip lionfish? I'm just looking for suggestions on a 92 gallon FOWLR "predator" tank.

Haha, "non fat" puffers. That brought a good laugh. :) I have previously owned a valentini when I ran my 75 gallon reef. He didn't tend to bother anything, and was quite a model citizen. However, I didn't have anything in there with long fins. There's a possibility that if kept well fed and busy, it could leave it alone. Have you thought about a hawkish? They're neat looking and fit in with more of the predator type.

Hawkfish

A hawkfish as opposed to what? Hamlet? I'm basically trying to put together what I am going to call a "dwarf" FOWLR predator tank. So a snowflake eel, was thinking some sort of Canthigaster puffer, either a radiata lionfish or some sort of Dendrochirus lionfish, some sort of wrasse (on the smaller side, not too familiar with the different wrasses) and probably a yellow tang. I'll look into the hawkfish too. Was really hoping for a puffer as I love their personalities. Anyone have thoughts on this combo in a 92-gallon corner tank?

Just as a bit of advice I've had snowflakes and lion fish and tbh they're fairly boring and don't do a lot. Althought beautiful. Also the problem I found with my snowflake was you have spot feed it first (the only time I really saw mine) otherwise it will bite at the other fish while they are feeding. I also had a trigger which is lovely and very nice to watch however it does show a lot of aggression to the other fish not that that caused any problems. I have also had fat and non fat puffers and both are very nice fish the Valentino I had was brilliant. The only problem with my Stars and Stripes is it ate my clownfish which was not much smaller than it. Just some food for thought

snow flakes are boring like woody said , you could always go with a engineer goby as they get about a foot and a half in size ,they also have a great personality
i would go with both a flame hawk and a hamlet , im still looking to get a flame hawk
hamlets have some really nice markings i have a blue one they also come in yellow
img_3051669_0_721e23bc8a4bc4e795e3d5249caf758a.jpg

another fish you may consider is the harlequin bass another nice looking fish
img_3051669_1_b9b159dda83cf1b4a9f430e6f82c1796.jpg

Back
Top Bottom