Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

92 gallon corner fowlr aggressive

Hi All. Looking for stocking recommendations for a 92-gallon corner tank, fowlr aggressive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please note, I don't want to have to bring fish back once they get too big for the tank so am looking to stock it with fish where that won't happen. thanks!

Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hi welcome to the forum.

Were you thinking large aggressive fish lions and eels? Or just aggressive as in not friendly fish? lol

I keep a 90g fowlr aggressive tank with mostly wrasses. They dont get too too big for the most part and are extremely active. The pretty red and orange ones are generally the reef ones but the larger and more mean and sleek looking ones are the nasty not friendly types.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you!

I was thinking something along the lines of lions, triggers, etc. but know that many of them require very large tanks.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

ok, so smaller aggressive fish would work well. I recommend a couple wrasses, since you wont be getting the monster aggressive guys, they can hold their own with smaller guys.
I would think a tang would be in order too, not one that gets over a foot but another type, like a yellow or tomini. So many tangs to chose from lol

You can probably do an eel too, they dont require that much swim room, just room for them to chill out.
My passion is reef so I'm sorry I can't be much more help.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks!

Any recommendations on which wrasses?
Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Wrasse suggestions or other

Anyone have any suggestions on a couple of wrasses for this set-up? What about a snowflake eel, a russel's lion (or radiata / mombasa), a bennet's sharnose puffer (or saddle valentini / spotted / blue spotted), a yellow tang and some sort of wrasse?
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Take caution with puffers as they have a tendency to nip the fins of lionfish. I also wanted a lion, but decided I like the porcupine puffers more, so I sided with that :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Understood

My tank isn't big enough for a porcupine puffer so I was thinking one of the smaller types. Do the non "fat puffers" also nip lionfish? I'm just looking for suggestions on a 92 gallon FOWLR "predator" tank.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Haha, "non fat" puffers. That brought a good laugh. I have previously owned a valentini when I ran my 75 gallon reef. He didn't tend to bother anything, and was quite a model citizen. However, I didn't have anything in there with long fins. There's a possibility that if kept well fed and busy, it could leave it alone. Have you thought about a hawkish? They're neat looking and fit in with more of the predator type.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

hamlet, i just recently got one very active fish

Tags
92 gallon corner, aggressive, corner, fowlr, gallon, predator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com