Advice on stocking 180

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ocicat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd love to hear comments/thoughts/suggestions on this stocking list for a new 180 FOWLR:

1 magnificent foxface
1 flame hawkfish
1 majestic angel
1 harlequin tuskfish
1 picasso trigger
2 flame angels
1 (__?__) tang <---- scopas, orangeshoulder, other...?
1 (__?__) puffer <--- dogface, porcupine, or valentini?
5 yellowtail damsels?? <--- my Marine Fishes book says these can be added to a large tank as a group & be fine... still I am unsure, considering their reputation for insanity. I want some more smaller fish, though, and they need to be able to hang with the big guys...

I am really looking for:
1) Variety - in shape, color, and behavior
2) Personality

I don't have anything in the tank yet, but it's about ready for its first inhabitant. Thanks for any advice!!

Edit: I knew I was forgetting somebody! Added the magnificent foxface to the list.

Damsels when they get older will terrorize your tankmates. I have one in my tank from when I started(4 striper) and by far is the meanest.

My yellow tails are the least agressive. Blue devil is mean and 3 stripes are kinda nasty too.
The puffer and trigger will limit your inverts/clean up crew.

roka64 said:
My yellow tails are the least agressive. Blue devil is mean and 3 stripes are kinda nasty too.
The puffer and trigger will limit your inverts/clean up crew.

Yeah, I know. I think the tusk will, too. I'm planning to get a tiger cowrie or two - I have heard they can often withstand aggressors b/c their shell is so hard and they are just strong (hard to knock off rock and glass). Also I'll probably buy a whole bunch of nassarius snails and just replenish them as needed... They should make a good addition to the carnivores' diet.

One reason I want the damsels is to clean up after the bigger, messier eaters.

Back
Top Bottom