arrow crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was just wondering if anybody has had a problem with an arrow crab eating little hermits (tiny little hermits). I got a clean up crew, one to help on the house keeping and two for looks, and I have noticed that the arrow crab has eaten and I have watched him eat the smaller hermits. Cool little creature, but do not like the fact that he is eating my hermits. I assume I have enough food for him to forage on. Is this common?

They are known as opportunistic feeders...if the opportunity presents itself, they will take advantage of it.

Huh, it was sent with the clean up crew. I thought that all would live in harmony sice it was sent all together.I thought that I had plenty for it to eat. I guess not now. Should I try to feed a little extra so he might get enough as not to eat the rest of my hermits?

Should I try to feed a little extra so he might get enough as not to eat the rest of my hermits?
As long as you don't overfeed, causing excess nutrience. Use a gel based food, it tends to sink to the bottom and the "column feeders" generally don't eat off the bottom.....

Thanks all. I'll try and get some of the gel based food today and see if that helps. Thanks again.

If you were closer, I would give it to you. It's just taking up space in my freezer.

Thanks for the offer Roka64, but I pulled him out tonight anyway. Saw him nipping at one of my sea cucumbers. Might see if one of the lfs will take it or I might just have to convince the wife to set up a second tank for him. Hummm. That's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom