At my witts end...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_X said:
That won't help with any of your issues of the moment.

K. Im goin to get 20 gal of ro. Im gonna pull the lr out. Should i rinse the rock off in tank water? And put it in a laundry basket. Scrape the tank and then stir the sand up suck out the rest of the poo then add everything back in with the lr and let it cycle again?

mr_X said:
it's excessive nutrients in general.

Ok, im gonna scrape all the algae off the glass and use a turkey baster (new) and blow off the rock then syphon the the algae off the bottom. (Turning pump and phs off). Then rescape the rock

bavass said:
Good chance your canister filter is the cause. They can become nitrate factories if not constantly cleaned. I had one been in garage for about 2 years now!

I had a canister going on for a month without cleaning it cuz let's just say it was a bad couple weeks and I had no nitrates or issues so I don't see how that would be the issue maybe but from my experiences not likely

Patrick93 said:
I had a canister going on for a month without cleaning it cuz let's just say it was a bad couple weeks and I had no nitrates or issues so I don't see how that would be the issue maybe but from my experiences not likely

When i tore it apart the inside was packed with algae. I the filter floss was GREEN. The carbon looked ok but the inside was slimey. Im gonna put it back together but im gonna clean it all out weekly. Needed or not.

I got a sweet deal! Picked up an oceanic sump model 1. And a koralia 4. Sump comes with a rio 1100. Now i gotta figure out how to hook the sump up after i figure out to drill or not too. Gotta figure out if its tempered. Gonna dot the LCD trick.

If it's not tempered, definitely drill it. So much easier, and a much less hassle down the line.

You need a glass hole saw. Check out glass-holes.com. They've got some vids posted that show the hole process.

If you're not comfortable drilling the glass, most LFS's will do it for you for a price. Or you can also test on a scrap pane of glass first.

Back
Top Bottom