Auriga butterfly not eating???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Million8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently purchased an Auriga Butterfly fish and it doesn't seem to accept any food. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried any liquid supplements to the food such as a garlic additive soak a drop or two on it overnight on some frozen mysis shrimp while it's defrosting in the fridge? Some fish go crazy over the garlic some don't worth a shot and it's got a ton of nutrients in it so if it only eats a little it's better than just plain frozen, a lot of times many fish won't eat in a new setting for a few days. How long have you had it?

It's been in about a week now. It just picks at the live rock.

Million8 said:
It's been in about a week now. It just picks at the live rock.

Hello, just thought I would chime in since I recently purchased a raccoon butterfly. Same issue, he took 1 week and 2 days to eat. I thought he was a goner. Brine shrimp is ALL he will eat, no mysis, no flakes, or pellets (atleast yet). I've had him about a month now. He's doing well.

Good luck, hopefully he will start eating. Have you tried a variety of meaty/veggie foods? Just keep trying till he takes something. Let us know how it goesaf

Just tried brine shrimp....still not eating. Will keep trying.

It took mine a few days to take the brine, wasn't immediate but now he loves it. He also takes to the nori strips now and didn't at first. I soak that in selcon to boost immune system Still think your ok, just keep trying and good luck!

Do you have a pic of him? That's a nice looking fish, wanted one but went with raccoon. Again, good luck getting him to eat

Tried nori but no luck. Here's a pic...

Attachments

• image-1278907883.jpg
    image-1278907883.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 116
Thing is I added a Picasso triggerfish at the same time and it's eating everything i put into my tank including my liverock. Lol. Can't figure out why my butterfly is not eating. :(

Attachments

• image-4146219776.jpg
    image-4146219776.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 92
Try live fresh water blackworms, I've seen butterflies go crazy over that

Finally, just seen my butterfly take krill shrimps. Sigh.

Big sigh of relief. Now just need it to eat other foods...training begins.

Back
Top Bottom