Bubble Algae on Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wapparia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
All. Quick question. i have just bought some LR from my LFS. on one of the bits there is the smallest peice of bubble algae growing from it which sort of worries me a little because of the nighmare stories i hear of how it takes over the tank.

will it be wise to remove the rock and take the small peice of bubble algae from it now before it take over or should i leave it for now?

i also have a just created a sump (look at my pics) would it be wise to place that peice of rock in my sump with the algae because that is what i am hopeing to achieve in my sump?

thanks for the help.

Hi
All. Quick question. i have just bought some LR from my LFS. on one of the bits there is the smallest peice of bubble algae growing from it which sort of worries me a little because of the nighmare stories i hear of how it takes over the tank.

will it be wise to remove the rock and take the small peice of bubble algae from it now before it take over or should i leave it for now?

i also have a just created a sump (look at my pics) would it be wise to place that peice of rock in my sump with the algae because that is what i am hopeing to achieve in my sump?

thanks for the help.

I've seen people carefully scrape it off. Also emerald crabs usually eat it.

I would remove it if you can, the one biocube I bought in July had it and I am still fighting it. Be sure not to let the bubbles pop in the water it will cause the algae to spread. I do have an emerald and he has helped some. Just too much with out helping him remove it

Use a siphon hose knock it loose with it going and try not to break it open. Emerald crabs are hit or miss with it I have had luck both ways. Don't put it in your sump because the spores can spread to your DT.

Back
Top Bottom