Clowns and yellow tail damsels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
I have 7 damsels in my tank. They are kept in check by my tangs though. I have one blue green, three yellow tails and 3 neon blue. Oh and two clowns. My clowns are more aggressive than the damsels.

Hmmm you had to make me think lol what do you think I have no tangs to keep them in check mind you

ryan-peddle said:
Hmmm you had to make me think lol what do you think I have no tangs to keep them in check mind you

One thing to consider too... Jl's tank is like 200 gallon!

Yeah. I was trying to get across that it kinda depends on what other fish you have to keep them in check. Sorry.

my yellow tail killed 4 grammas and my yellow watchman goby.ive had blue damsels,blue velvet and domino,all killers.in my opinion thats not just bad luck there bad fish

dwint said:
my yellow tail killed 4 grammas and my yellow watchman goby.ive had blue damsels,blue velvet and domino,all killers.in my opinion thats not just bad luck there bad fish

I had a yellow tail kill 2 emerald crabs, 2 shrimp, and nearly killed a clown all in one night. A pair of clowns with some attitude could keep it from picking on the clowns but everything else is shark bait. They really are indiscriminate killers many times. And for me its not worth the risk. They are famously aggressive and territorial. Would not add them unless they are with predominately aggressive fish to keep them in check. Just my opinion, yes you can get lucky but i myself wouldnt risk it. My be fine at first but the older they get the meaner they get

Back
Top Bottom