fish being obstinate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi im new but thats not the point
in have a porcupine puffer and it doesnt eat food
all it does is look through the glass and it seems to fear its reflection it angers me as it seems to die off from starvation and another fish is bothering it
how can i get it to eat?
i really dont care bout the other fishes bothering it
i tried to feed it goldfish,shrimp,etc.. but it ignores it and continues to be difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
I retract my statement since there is an external problem causing the fish stress. Refer to comments below for correcting problem.

Oh and welcome to AA:cool:

Last edited:
How long have you had this fish .
What size tank ?
Tank age ?
Perameters :
Ammonia ?
NitrIte?
NitrAte?
PH?
Temp ?
SPG ?
how much live rock ?
Other tank residents ?

How long have you had this fish .
What size tank ?
Tank age ?
Perameters :
Ammonia ?
NitrIte?
NitrAte?
PH?
Temp ?
SPG ?
how much live rock ?
Other tank residents ?

Ouch, good questions, I didn't even consider that. I assumed it was a stable tank:silly:. Sorry

Then one of the 2 fish needs to go back .
Please answer the other questions esp the tank size and age . It sounds like you may wish to return one as they are both agressive with the trigger being moreso IME

andd everything is normal for other fishes
temperate is normal for fishes
there is 4 live rocks ....

You really need to answer the questions that were asked before you can expect to receive accurate answers or helpful advice:
Tank age ?
Parameters :
Ammonia ? actual reading
NitrIte? actual reading
NitrAte? actual reading
PH? actual reading
Temp ? actual reading
SPG ? actual reading and how measured (hydrometer or refractometer)
how much live rock ? in pounds. Was it fullly cured?
Other tank residents ?

yea... i just found a different problem
i think this is why its not eating
The fish seems to have a tail/fin rot (which i can probably cure)
and for some reason a part of its body is a lighter color than the rest of the body
???
what disease is that???
and sry for not answering the questions ...but i dont know lol

oh sry i wish i can post a pic of what im talking about but i cant
i can draw and example of it looks like
well i attached the picture with the post

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 60
that's probably the other fish nipping it's fin man....

answer all the questions.
If you don't know the chemical readings or anything else......you either need to buy a kit or .......

i do have a kit
just dont like to use it i really dont care about the fin but
there is a part of the puffers body that is "lighter" (color) that the rest of his body as you can see in the picture
u may get it confuse thinking its a fin lol
but i circled saying that i think it is a disease of some sort
but what is it???

Keeping high water quality is one of the best ways to keep healthy fish. If you have terrible water parameters, you will most likely have sick fish. No different than humans, really. But if you haven't got a clue about your water parameters, or don't care, you're missing perhaps one of the easiest things to help your fish heal.

WOW, Kurt, I think you just stated the MOST pc answer EVER in SW
Kurt_Nelson said:
But if you haven't got a clue about your water parameters, or don't care, you're missing perhaps one of the easiest things to help your fish heal.

Sorry just had to throw in my 2 cents. . .

but I'm not sure how you can "not care" about the welfare of a fish after the expense of paying for the tank, equipment, etc. What good is it to diagnose the "disease" of the fish if you don't care that the other fish are bullying it? BTW, the stress alone from the bullying could be enough to kill him or cause the discoloration. Stress from poor water conditions I'm sure can have similar effects.

I just don't understand your apathy and disregard for the fish when I'm sure you've shelled out quite a bit to set the tank up.

Back
Top Bottom