FTMMWS's 280 build ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FTMMWS

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally found a great deal on CL..had to drive a ways to get it....but here it is..
I thought my 125 was huge...
This things Dims are 84"x24"x32"...thats a 20 gallon next to it ,just to get an idea
This will be a slow going build at first but will take off soon enough..
Angels and tangs and triggers will make up the major stock,with some smaller fish mixed in..Really want a mystery wrasse and an australian multicolor dottyback

Attachments

• P8283884tqnk2.jpg
    P8283884tqnk2.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 308
  • P8283906tamj.jpg
    P8283906tamj.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 336
Holy moly that's a massive tank. I am super jealous. I was looking into a 180 gal and was thinking that's big.
I really like ur choice in stocking, the big angels are absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see how this comes out.

Well,i finished reinforcing the joists so the floor is supported now(y)
Thats it,,i know its nothing exiting ,but hey ,whatever :fish2:

For my 2 followers ,,heres the frame for the stand...:ermm:
6167579694_66fc2abd6f_b.jpg

Just out of curiosity, where would a person buy a tank that Is this big? Also, how do you build a stand? Lol
Well before i found this deal on CL i was close to buying from one of these 2 places
MyFishTank - Product List [ Aquariums > Rectangular ]

Aquariums

Glass cages also has them this big and up ,but i never really read anything good about them,,only bad reviews

The guy i got mine from had his custom made from his local LFS

You just build the stand :lol:,,get the supplies and go at it

Just dry fit the boards,,still needs lots of sanding to do

Attachments

• P9243950.jpg
    P9243950.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 332
Love it! I kinda like low sitn tanks.. I have to use a stool to get in my 100 gallon.. I dont know if you said but what kind of filter you gunna run??

Love it! I kinda like low sitn tanks.. I have to use a stool to get in my 100 gallon.. I dont know if you said but what kind of filter you gunna run??
Thanks
NK,,i'm still going to have to get on a stool to reach the very bottom(i'm 6'2 with long arms:lol:)..the stand is 2 feet tall and the tank is 32.5" with the trim...I really like the lower stand too,glad i did it this way..Perfect eye level when relaxing on the couch:D

I run an algae scrubber and thats it..I love it and have ran one for over a year on my current tank...

Back
Top Bottom