FTMMWS's 280 build ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you doing a custom wood canopy too? Background or you gunna paint the back?

grabbing the :popcorn: and following along, love the shadow box idea will be excited to see yours come along!

Thanks all,,,finished up sanding and routing today..hope to assemble the finishing touches on the stand tomorrow ...Will probably work on the canopy and shadow box while the tank is set-up..I just want to get it up and sell the 125 ASAP

If you have problems sellin it around there ill buy it if we can work something out

No major progress,,but sanding and router work is done..Also made a little sill/ledge that wraps around the top of the stand..
6192602415_87be820b3e_b.jpg

Thanks carey and redsea..
Here it is all sanded and with 4 coats of poly,sanding between each coat too,,time consuming for sure,but the end result is an awesome almost candy apple coat..I'm really happy with how it turned out...Will let it dry over the weekend and hope to be able to start filling this week

Attachments

• P9293959.jpg
    P9293959.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 249
  • P9303971sill.jpg
    P9303971sill.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 235
Just a question, how are you planning to get water out of the tank into the sump? Are you going to install a HOB overflow or is it possible to drill the tank?

Just an HOB overflow ,,its all i ever used..Never had drilled tanks...sure it would be nice ,but not a deal breaker

Gl*******s.com has some nice kits for drilling tanks. I have drilled tanks a couple times and its fairly easy especially if your handy with tools which I see you would have no problems. I would definately look into it if its an option for you rather then using a HOB overflow.

Thanks guys...
Having the right tools and yes scott,patience,,, goes a long way :lol:
Not sure which to work on next though,,the canopy or shadowbox ....I'm leaning toward the canopy

Have you decided for sure the probable stock list. That might give you a better insight to scaping so you can go ahead with the shadowbox, since they interact the most. If not maybe go for the canopy first. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom