Getting pissed off- angelfish on hunger strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please dont throw 15 different foods in the tank in an attempt to get the angel to eat. He willcome around when ready. Escessive feeding like that will cause issues with the other inhabitants. no need to spread the issue

If she ends up dying inside the rocks and I can't find her, would it be okay to just leave it? I have no clean up crew :/ and she's about 1.25". I really hope she doesn't die though

Don't leave it. It would probably be ok if you did have a cuc, but you don't so it would poison your tank because it'd be a huuuuuge bio load:nono:. Sorry about your sick :angel:fish. Best of luck.

Don't leave it. It would probably be ok if you did have a cuc, but you don't so it would poison your tank because it'd be a huuuuuge bio load:nono:. Sorry about your sick :angel:fish. Best of luck.

Well let's hope she doesn't die inside the rocks :) but I'm still hoping for a turn around. Fingers crossed!!

I cant remember what your tank size is but if its short of 100g, dont leave it. Like previously stated, it would prob be fine but why risk it

Also if you think the angel is going to die, get him outta the tank. I know its rough but its better to get the fish isolated in the event of any sudden deaths

It would be so much harder to catch when it's alive rather than dead. Both might require me to move rocks, but at least when hes dead he cant swim away.

Okay so I plan on doing a final prazipro treatment on Monday to make sure the flukes are dead. Do you think I should be worried that the angel has some type of parasite? She doesn't show any symptoms other than not eating and the other fish are doing good

just lost our second flame angel today...emailed petco and awaiting a response. has to be something on their end causing this

While I have an open thread, I'm gonna change the subject a little.

Do you guys have any idea why my live rock would still look near brand new after 6-7 months? I started out with 60 lbs of base rock and 20 lbs of live rock (with lots of coralline starting) from my nano tank. All of the coralline died during the cycle and hasn't come back. I never had an algae bloom, and my rock is now kinda brownish, whitish. Not the nice grey that I see most live rock has.

I ask, because when I set up my nano tank, I literally had coralline forming on the dry rock within 2 weeks, and then the rock turned all grey within 2 months.

Could my parameters be bad for live rock or something?

This is it- image-1349189066.jpg The blue lighting makes it look better than it really does

If fish are dying AND no coralline grows, I would look at your water carefully. Low calcium and/or alkalinity and magnesium can slow down coralline algae and coral growth, but fish care little about this. You may have a parasite, but most of those attack the gills and cause rapid breathing. A intestinal parasite could be the problem, but for all of these treating in a QT would be the right way to go.

If fish are dying AND no coralline grows, I would look at your water carefully. Low calcium and/or alkalinity and magnesium can slow down coralline algae and coral growth, but fish care little about this. You may have a parasite, but most of those attack the gills and cause rapid breathing. A intestinal parasite could be the problem, but for all of these treating in a QT would be the right way to go.

Well one fish is "dying" I guess, but only because she won't eat anymore, none show signs of parasites, external or internal. Their poop is all healthy looking and they only breath rapidly during feeding times when they get all excited.

How could I get my calcium/alkalinity up? I'd of course have to get a test kit and see where I am at now before I start anything though.

If available, try some live brine shrimp. If she won't eat that, she's in trouble. Might even dice up a tiny piece of fresh clam or shrimp and offer that. Remove it if she doesn't take it.

If available, try some live brine shrimp. If she won't eat that, she's in trouble. Might even dice up a tiny piece of fresh clam or shrimp and offer that. Remove it if she doesn't take it.

I wouldn't be able to find live brine locally, I've never seen it sold before :(

I will try clam right now though, there's some in the fridge.

This is day 10 with no food, any day now I think I'm gonna wake up to her stuck to a powerhead :(

He didnt even take the clam. I tried mussel too. It was just kinda sitting in the water and he went right by it, hardly looked at it. The butterflyfish knew what it was and went crazy with it though.

Thanks for the article! I'm not sure I'll get another angel, but if I do, it would probably be a coral beauty. I just read on some other sites that flames sometimes die randomly and arent as hardy as some other common dwarfs.

Thanks for all your help guys, even though she'll probably be dead within a few days.

Have you read that in more than one place?? Ive never come across an article explaining they die randomly but i have lost 2 flames that way

Back
Top Bottom