Getting pissed off- angelfish on hunger strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can leave them on, I do because it gives each fish( no matter what swimming level) an equal amount of food. That's just for me.

Each to there own then. Will see what's it like after put all the rock I want in as ain't got much as not long ungraded and adding it slow to tank

My wp40 has a 10 minute feed button that shuts it off. I usually dump the food right into my return pump chamber of my refugium so its dispersed evenly. Once the apex controller is purchased and installed, ill have it setup to shut down everything

My wp40 has a 10 minute feed button that shuts it off. I usually dump the food right into my return pump chamber of my refugium so its dispersed evenly. Once the apex controller is purchased and installed, ill have it setup to shut down everything

I heard about those powerheads, they seem pretty cool for the price.

Anyone know how long a fish can go without food?

Get one.. They are amazing!! As for duration of time without eating, its really dependent on the fish and circumstances. They are opportunistic eaters in the wild so they are used to going days without eating

I had a cardinal that never ate and he lasted 9 days so would say about 6-8 days but for tangs and big fish would think a lot less

Get one.. They are amazing!! As for duration of time without eating, its really dependent on the fish and circumstances. They are opportunistic eaters in the wild so they are used to going days without eating
I wish I knew about them before I bought my koralias!
I had a cardinal that never ate and he lasted 9 days so would say about 6-8 days but for tangs and big fish would think a lot less
Thanks, this guy is probably 1.25", so he's pretty tiny. He's still alive today, so that's good lol

That sounds like promising behavior today. Fingers crossed for ya!
Thanks!! I just wanna get home and feed him already!!

Well, I've pretty much lost all hope. She didn't eat today, but she's acting completely normal now. She's spending most of her time in the open.

I haven't had very good luck with dwarf angels, my last one never started eating and this one stopped :( I guess there's still a chance, but any day now she'll probably be dead when I wake up.

Is it looking thin? Is there anything growing you your rock that it might be eating?

It's not looking thin, I held off on cleaning the glass so he could pick at stuff, but there's like no algae on my rock and I have no idea why because it's been about 6 months already and I haven't seen one spot of algae. But he used to pick at the glass and rocks, but lately he hasn't.

This is so frustrating

Have you notice it poop as can tell you a lot about how its doing

I know its next to impossible but try to stay patient and give the fishs body time to heal and fight back. If you go throwing a bunch of meds into the question, itll just make matters worse

I know its next to impossible but try to stay patient and give the fishs body time to heal and fight back. If you go throwing a bunch of meds into the question, itll just make matters worse

The meds would probably kill her at this point!! Haha. I've heard of fish living 3 weeks without food, so I guess there's still hope. I wish I understood what the problem was though, ugh

Do you have a veggie clip? If so try soaking a piece or nori and clipping in the tank if she likes to pick at surfaces.

I put It in every day and the only one that eats it is the butterfly, the angel used to love it though. Maybe tomorrow, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom