Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
I want rocks... but i cant figure it out!

Ive read so many **** pages that say dont use this and dont use that... so far marble and lava rocks are out of the question... i didnt think to look it up untill i dumped the 2nd to last bucket into the tank.... 40 lbs later its all out..

I did figure out though i have about 4 bristle worms =D

Anyways.. what rocks should i go with since i cant use anything i thought was good.. and porus..

MichaelsLilGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Marco Rocks The finest aquarium rock available, base rock, live rock, reef rock, marco rock, reef tank saltwater fish, live corals, Marco rocks, Fiji live rock, Tonga Live rock

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

Or use the vendor here and buy from them. underwater outlet I believe...

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Underwater outlet has a special on LR and free shipping.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I used marcorocks.com and I was very pleased with the BR I got there. I got my LR from drfosterandsmith.com. I used fiji rock in my tank.
mtlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
The vendor is a personal choice, but in my opinion as long as you get something that was originally in the ocean (like within the last few months) you should be OK.
Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
yea, you might wnt ot check out classifieds too, ive gotten some excelent stuff from garage sale or people who are just upgrading or whatever, there was a guy on craigslist up her who was literally giving hi LR away, among everything else. he had like a 180 gal, got divorced and didnt want anything that had to do with his wife lol i would have take it all but my apartment just isnt big enough.. fish, lights, everything.. I was kinda P.O'd i couldnt get it all but I got like 20 lbs of Nice rock from him, I used pumice pieces as a base for my LR to sit on, it wont "grow reallyl" but you can make a nice "stand" out of it plus the color is a nice change up in the tank i think..
I;m so deep that if water tried to listen then the rivers would sink...knowledge is power, get ya weight up!
juice28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
I used Underwater outlets when I started my tank. Cycled with 50lbs of his LR.

I recently added another 25lbs of baserock from MarcoRocks.

I recommend both vendors!

goisles1 is offline   Reply With Quote

rock, rocks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com