is my lionfish sick?? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? Exclamation point wow I never thought of that it just seems so expensive and wrong haha

Are you kidding ?...Its nature.I feed my angler a few every month...They are 3 bucks at my LFS

I just hot a green chromis today for my tank lol. I dont think he'll eat him though. My dwarf lions real small. Like 2.5 inches

Unless that chromi is 2 inches or more ,,theres a good chance your lion may go for it

Yea he's 2 inches. What about my damsels. I have a striped damsel and a yellow tail blue damsels

davePM said:
There are many animals and fish that have not been bred in captivity. Technology has little to do with it, it requires years of study to identify the means and triggers or reproduction. Even if you manage to mimic the natural environment perfectly there is no guarantee of success. I have never seen anything that says any sea world or aquarium has bred them. What makes you think these places are breeding them and not just capturing and rearing wild caught specimens?

Well I don't know what to tell you. I find it very hard to believe that we as humans have not been able to mimic nature, because from my study's and readings we are pretty **** smart... So you might want to read about that

angelf said:
Well I don't know what to tell you. I find it very hard to believe that we as humans have not been able to mimic nature, because from my study's and readings we are pretty **** smart... So you might want to read about that

So, by your logic, any endangered species can simply be caught, bred, an repopulated? So there are no endangered species anymore! I really think that maybe YOU might want to read about that....

davePM said:
So, by your logic, any endangered species can simply be caught, bred, an repopulated? So there are no endangered species anymore! I really think that maybe YOU might want to read about that....

Actually yes look at the Florida panther we catch male we catch a female we breed them. We make the population bigger in captivity and then we release them it's a long process but it is definitely possible. Have you read about that....

angelf said:
Actually yes look at the Florida panther we catch male we catch a female we breed them. We make the population bigger in captivity and then we release them it's a long process but it is definitely possible. Have you read about that....

You are missing the point! It does work IN SOME cases. There are animals of many varieties that CANNOT or WILL NOT reproduce in captivity. It really is that simple!

Back
Top Bottom