Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Missing Chromis, what to do?

My tank is almost 3 weeks old and I am doing FOWLR. It is a 54g acrylic corner and I currently have an instant reef insert and a 10lb LR sitting behind it. 1 week into the tank I bought 5 chromis and 1 died 2 days later and 1 went missing a few days after that. Another just went missing a few days ago and cannot see them anywhere. I jave lifted the LR to see if they were stuck under but were not. What should I do? Is it ok to just forget about them or should do an extensive search for them? New to SW so any ideas would help,
Thanks

Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello- do you have an overflow w/ sump? I had to small clowns that somehow got into the overflow, and in turn got sucked down into the sump sock. One lived, other died... Just a thought, there is only so many places he could be? Good luck!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #3

No I do not, All I currently have running is my canister filter and power heads. The suction part of the filter is too small and thin to suck them in.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I lost a damsel once and he was wedged between two rocks. To this day I'm not sure how he got there. I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't find it. Just keep an eye on your parameters.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of cuc do you have? They might have taken care of the body already, if you have bristle worms they are some of the fastest at cleanup. Are you doing a fish in cycle? If so you can expect to lose more fish and if any make it through the cycle their lives will be much shorter.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #6

since my tank is only 3 weeks old and just finished cycling, I just added a cleanup crew of 4 snails today and I'll keep an eye on my params,
Thanks for the suggstions

Tags
chromis, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com